• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

Who made the bam boo rod? that's one thing i have never done.

I made it. Took Bill Oysters class a few weeks ago. Signed up for it over a year ago. It's been a bucket list thing for me for a long time and I finally checked it off. Would HIGHLY recommend the class. It was loads of fun. I'll definitely go back to build another one.

I made it. Took Bill Oysters class a few weeks ago. Signed up for it over a year ago. It's been a bucket list thing for me for a long time and I finally checked it off. Would HIGHLY recommend the class. It was loads of fun. I'll definitely go back to build another one.
That is the holy grail of fly rods . Congratulations. That is quite the set up! And you made it!!

Oh BTW island ford in sandy springs was fishing well yesterday Morning / mid day . Over in the shoals just north of the last set . Pats rubber legs was getting it done . The dam releases at 2:44 today . Better hurry....

My grand dad and my dad both fly fished almost exclusively. I picked it up around 10 or 11. I am not pretty much exclusively fly fishing unless I am with my kids or my grand kids. However, my daughter has started to want to learn, so guess one kid gets a fly rod soon.

My grand dad and my dad both fly fished almost exclusively. I picked it up around 10 or 11. I am not pretty much exclusively fly fishing unless I am with my kids or my grand kids. However, my daughter has started to want to learn, so guess one kid gets a fly rod soon.
Everything is better on the fly, imo

I will be out tomorrow on a Mountain stream. I am looking forward to it. I’m going to bring my 7’6 3Wt and my 10’ 4 weight euro nymphing rod. Going to be a blast. Lord let me just catch 1, amen .

Caught a rainbow yesterday and some creek chubs. I am not a stocked fish kind of guy. I prefer the wild fish and the challenges they provide.

Picked up my first bamboo fly rod . She is a looker . 4/5 wt . 7’9 should be a dandy for creeks .

A3160A2F-D7D1-43FA-81A6-E5630DF43D9C.jpeg
F88B4B4E-13C1-400B-8FC0-B337D00D6F4C.jpeg
D153B1AC-742E-4CDD-BE30-83EF55D74DCD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom