• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly Fishing Thread .....

I went up to northern Maine 10 years ago and trolled for Salmon on the lakes in a Grand laker hand made monster canoe, with a rig like that..My Brother invited me, he guides up there and we had a great time..He is the one that introduced me to the Micky Fin Streamer fly.. I envy you Sir!!! I miss and have dreamed about it, but for me it will never happen now..Live your life to the fullest my Friend....Life is short!
My father drop a few pearls of wisdom on me. Maybe the best was;

"There are three parts to most experiences. Anticipation, Participation and Reflection. Reflection is the one that lasts the longest."

That's why I've tried to build so many good memories.

"There are three parts to most experiences. Anticipation, Participation and Reflection. Reflection is the one that lasts the longest."

Wise words from your Dad...Congrats

I hope you don't mind, but I'm stealing that quote.

I went up to northern Maine 10 years ago and trolled for Salmon on the lakes in a Grand laker hand made monster canoe, with a rig like that..My Brother invited me, he guides up there and we had a great time..He is the one that introduced me to the Micky Fin Streamer fly.. I envy you Sir!!! I miss and have dreamed about it, but for me it will never happen now..Live your life to the fullest my Friend....Life is short!

Oh Man! I'm so jealous right now.

Hope you have a blast and looking forward to pics. Lots of them.

Thank you gentlemen! DinkyDau DinkyDau , you are correct sir....time flies.
I’m looking forward to getting my kids on some fish! I’ll be sure to post a pic heavy-thread of our trip. We’ll be doing some inland lake fishing and some river fishing on the Au Sable & Muskegon.
We’re going to be fishing with the same fella that I salmon fished with last year. He’s a really nice fella and he knows his stuff. Once I obtain some of his knowledge and get some more experience I might invest in a river boat myself. Our small bass boat will handle the lakes just fine, but the rivers are a different story.

Lil brown from the Hooch.

Attachments

• D220B57C-1601-40CB-8CEE-FA01290250F7.jpeg
    D220B57C-1601-40CB-8CEE-FA01290250F7.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 25
Back
Top Bottom