• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fly fishing advice!!!

This is a rather old topic, but as I understand it, there are a lot of experienced and professional fishermen. I am new to fishing and I wanted to ask what advice you can give to a beginner in buying tools and accessories for fishing. I usually try to choose the best quality and good fishing gear through https://www.bestoffishing.co.uk/ and this service has never let me down, but I really want some advice from you. I don’t really understand which brand or type of bait is the best so it would be great to hear your advice. My father was very fond of fishing, but unfortunately he is no longer there to help me learn to fish.

This is a rather old topic, but as I understand it, there are a lot of experienced and professional fishermen. I am new to fishing and I wanted to ask what advice you can give to a beginner in buying tools and accessories for fishing. I don’t really understand which brand or type of bait is the best so it would be great to hear your advice. My father was very fond of fishing, but unfortunately he is no longer there to help me learn to fish.

where are you located?

FLY FISHING ????

Didn't DeKalb Sheriff Jeff Mann get arrested
for fishing with his fly in Piedmont Park?

(If he ever saw the movie "There's Just Something About Mary"
he would've known you can get in trouble over that!)

Attachments

• 49B4F4FE-EB8F-46E5-9C58-DCBBD3DAB25C.jpeg
    49B4F4FE-EB8F-46E5-9C58-DCBBD3DAB25C.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 5
Consider calling Unicoi Outfitters in Helen and booking a wild trout trip.

Most folks are only interested in paying for trophy stream fishing, but you will learn more from the guides about how to catch public stream trout on a fly in one day than you could learn in a year of trying to figure it out by yourself.

I do this quite a bit (Wyoming, Colorado, Keys, Everglades, Louisiana, Florida panhandle, Tennessee...)

Never steal a guide's honey-holes.
Just learn the techniques and apply them in similar situations.

It has saved me a ton of time and made for great fishing with the guide, as well as on days 2, 3, 4 of a trip by myself!

Back
Top Bottom