• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FIXED?? (Updated 7/6)

The 22TCM barrel for the repaired one does have a divot out of the bottom of the barrel though.
View attachment 3333936

That extension on the bottom of the chamber is a hybrid-ized (is that a word?) way to achieve the same thing that a fully-ramped barrel does. It provides full support of the brass that would blow out with a high-pressure round like .22 TCM or .38 Super Major. Their method doesn't require milling out the frame like a Clark/Para or Wilson/Nowlin cut would. Ingenious, if I say so myself.

That extension on the bottom of the chamber is a hybrid-ized (is that a word?) way to achieve the same thing that a fully-ramped barrel does. It provides full support of the brass that would blow out with a high-pressure round like .22 TCM or .38 Super Major. Their method doesn't require milling out the frame like a Clark/Para or Wilson/Nowlin cut would. Ingenious, if I say so myself.

I understand Fred Craig was at one time the "Evil Genius" behind a lot of RIA's neat 1911/2011 stuff, don't know if he's still associated with 'em or not...

Sometimes it is easier to cut your losses. With only two hands, shoot the two that work in 9mm and shoot the unramped gun in 22TCM.

The Springfield integrated ramp design mag and/or the use of only pointed bullets is probably your best hope at making it run.

The basic 1911 was designed to run a cartridge between 1.20 and 1.25 inches long. 1.13 is the shortest recommended COL for a 45 that I see in my Hornady manual. The shorter it is, the more problematic it becomes.

Factory produced 45ACP, 38Super, 9x23, and the 10mm fit well into the original design.

Your gun would “probably” easily convert to 9x23 with a simple ream out of the chamber, and some 38super mags. You might be able to get it running with a 9mm handload with the bullet seated out long, but your chamber lead needs to be reamed for the long seated bullets, and you may need some 38 Super mags.

Took it out today, it ate FMJ in brass, aluminum, and steel. (only 3 rounds of steel). Shot the 5 rounds of 124gr HP just fine too.

2 different magazines, the Remington and the RIA by MecGar.

Case closed.

Back
Top Bottom