• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FIXED?? (Updated 7/6)

A "stovepipe", in its classic sense, is an Ejection issue, not a Feeding issue to be fixed by any modification to the Feed Ramp.

View attachment 3333441

If the nose of the feeding round is hitting the Feed Ramp and the back end of the cartridge is being pushed down so that the round ends up more-vertical than usual, that is usually a magazine problem (weak spring).

My apologies.

This ends up with nose of the cartridge flat against the bottom of the flat barrel face and the back of the cartridge against the front of the bolt face. perfectly level. No issue extracting the old cartridge.

As I stated, I have 3 of these combo units, mags all work fine in the other 2 guns.

I have 3 of these TCM Combos. The other 2 pistols 9mm barrel have a ramp. So why change it to a no ramped barrel with the same internal?

The non ramped it the classic design. The ramped was developed for target shooting. Why did you buy it if you like the ramped design

The non ramped it the classic design. The ramped was developed for target shooting. Why did you buy it if you like the ramped design

The other 2 had ramped 9mm barrels, bought this one with the 22 TCM barrel in it, 9mm barrel was in the case. No pic of the non ramped barrel.

Is the unramped the highest or lowest number ? Wondering if it's a design change but to me it just looks like the wrong barrel.

The other 2 had ramped 9mm barrels, bought this one with the 22 TCM barrel in it, 9mm barrel was in the case. No pic of the non ramped barrel.
A ramped barrel will not work in the same frame as a non-ramped barrel. Two completely different animals. The non ramped barrel would fit the ramped frame but leave a huge gap where the ramp is supposed to fit.

A ramped barrel will not work in the same frame as a non-ramped barrel. Two completely different animals. The non ramped barrel would fit the ramped frame but leave a huge gap where the ramp is supposed to fit.

Son of a biscuit eater! Learn something new every day! Thanks for the info.

Just laid all 3 guns out and checked-

2 have ramped 9mm and 22TCM barrels, the one I sent back for repair, both barrels have no ramp.

The 22TCM barrel for the repaired one does have a divot out of the bottom of the barrel though.

20210630_142332.png

Back
Top Bottom