• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fix or alternative to a 10/22 feed issues.

Yes send it back. Ruger mags and Ruger gun shouldn’t. Give you that much trouble. Sent a Lc9s back and they replaced the slide. Sent a 1911 back and they replaced the whole gun.

Now they want me to send back all my mags that don’t function in that gun, but do in my other 10/22, if they are fine then they will have me send in the gun.
SMDH

The 10/22 was built around the rotary mag. I don't like the 25 round mags, but my 10/22 rifles are set up for hunting. I even keep the flat mag releases. I bet @Gadgetsrfun has some tips.

My TD likes my Butler Creek Steel Lips mags, but not the Ruger BX Mags.

Be glad to loan you one to try on your next run through Atlanta.

You may check on this, sorry the pics are not available anymore, but I followed this back 6 years or so ago, really helped mine. Copied from Rimfirecentral-

when i inspected my rifle i noticed that it had an alignment issue, the fore end tilted to the left. turners kindly showed me 3 more new rifles and they all had that problem. i accepted the rifle because i trust the Ruger name.

i just got off the phone with Ruger and they explained to me how they fix the problem. so if you don't want to send your rifle back in and wait for it to be repaired continue reading.
smile.gif
start at step 5 if you are not a 10/22 newb or a troll.

what you will need:

5/32 allen key.
[Broken External Image]:

step 1- safety check.
step 2- lock your bolt back and remove the magazine.
step 3- take down your take down.
step 4- put the fore end and barrel away you only need the receiver end.
step 5- using your 5/32 allen key loosen both screws (do not remove), allowing the piece of metal to move around.

step 6- using your thumb and index finger move the metal piece in the direction shown. (if it makes things worse try moving it in the opposite direction, your alignment issues may not be in the same direction as mine.)
step 7- while holding the metal piece in place with your finger tighten the screws.
step 8- assemble your take down rifle. you may need to adjust this a few more times before you hit center. (it took me 3 times before i was satisfied)

doing this fix will also tighten the connection a little. it will feel more snug. some believe that will improve accuracy.

About the gouges on the inside of the magwell. they are nothing to worry about, all of the guns have them. those two gouges is where the stocks are cut away from the mold. it is purely cosmetic.

GOOD LUCK!

I've had to do a little bit of polishing on the top edge of my Ruger 10/22 rifles' chambers in order to feed bullets reliably without shaving lead off of them.

I've done this to every Ruger and aftermarket 10/22 barrel that I've owned, but some require a little more polishing than others.
Keep in mind, you're not really removing a lot of metal, but smoothing out what has been a sharp 90° corner. Round off that edge a bit.

Back
Top Bottom