• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing vacation.

I had been going to Amelia Island on the Atlantic Coast to surf fish for a couple of years, but when I decided to get a serious boat I also did research to find the best place for me to get serious about Salt Water fishing. My number one target species is Tarpon, so that's where I started.

To my surprise Apalachicola Bay is considered by some as one of the top ten tarpon fishing destinations in the world for a few weeks in late summer. A ton of research later and I now know it's also some of the best fishing for other game species in the Spring.

I'm going to try and do semi annual trips for about a week in May and the first week in August every year. May for a variety of species and August to specifically target Tarpon. I've never used a GoPro in my life, but I've got one on the shelf to use when I go there.
I've actually "hung" a couple big tarpon fishing off the old bridge in the last few years. No way to get them in but had a blast for a few minutes. Caught a big drum off the bridge last year I'm guessing in the 40-50 lb range. Always have a great time down there.

Not to rain on anyone's advice but how many chickens are in the salt water? Bait your traps with Mullet, trout or bass. My neighbor is a crabber and I save all my trout remains for him. He hammers the blue crab. But good luck which ever way you go.

Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion - 1 Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion - 2 Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion - 3 Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion - 4 Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion (Bug Guard) - video 1 Click for larger image SHARE Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Gentle Breeze® SPF 30 Lotion

It's a long link but this stuff works copy paste on Amazon.

That’s going to be a nice trip. I hope y’all have a good time!

We are already planning our Fall Salmon trip for October. I can’t wait!
The closer it get's the more excited I get. There are just so many different places I want to check out and things I want to try. The repower that's almost done on my boat is going to give me the confidence to really get out there, too.

Back
Top Bottom