• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing vacation.

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
Just booked a vacation rental on St. George Island for the second week in May. It's got it's own dock on the bay side and is in a gated community, so I should be able to just launch the boat once for the entire stay.

I tried this last year and ended up having to cancel the trip for a variety for reasons. I'm REALLY looking forward to this.
b957c28b.f10.jpg

The boardwalk and dock.

51e1c39a.f10.jpg

The house.

63ce9b5c.f10.jpg

The Bay.

Just booked a vacation rental on St. George Island for the second week in May. It's got it's own dock on the bay side and is in a gated community, so I should be able to just launch the boat once for the entire stay.

I tried this last year and ended up having to cancel the trip for a variety for reasons. I'm REALLY looking forward to this.
b957c28b.f10.jpg

The boardwalk and dock.

51e1c39a.f10.jpg

The house.

63ce9b5c.f10.jpg

The Bay.
You lucky DOG!! Enjoy catch plenty of Reds and take blue crab traps and raw chicken with ya!! Oh and take plenty of pics!!!!!!!

You lucky DOG!! Enjoy catch plenty of Reds and take blue crab traps and raw chicken with ya!! Oh and take plenty of pics!!!!!!!
Yeah, trying to talk my wife into going with me. She would love to be crabbing off that dock.

I've been researching the fishing there for almost two years now. Got several places and species I'll be going for.

I use the website 'Tides4fishing.com' when we are there. We go about 4 times a year. I have heard that beef spleen works well for the crab traps if you can find it. Tougher than chicken and bloodier.
May is probably the best month for fishing in that area.
Use Sportsmans Choice in Eastpoint for your bait, Mr. Charles is a great guy. If you need/want a guide, p.m. me, I'll hook(no pun) you up with my guy.

I had been going to Amelia Island on the Atlantic Coast to surf fish for a couple of years, but when I decided to get a serious boat I also did research to find the best place for me to get serious about Salt Water fishing. My number one target species is Tarpon, so that's where I started.

To my surprise Apalachicola Bay is considered by some as one of the top ten tarpon fishing destinations in the world for a few weeks in late summer. A ton of research later and I now know it's also some of the best fishing for other game species in the Spring.

I'm going to try and do semi annual trips for about a week in May and the first week in August every year. May for a variety of species and August to specifically target Tarpon. I've never used a GoPro in my life, but I've got one on the shelf to use when I go there.

Back
Top Bottom