• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing spots in Jasper

If you want to trout fish drive a little north to Blue Ridge and try Fighting town Creek, Cooper Creek Watershed and fee other prize creeks. We usually rented cabins on Fighting town Creek. I have caught a few there nothing to brag about but my best friend has a 5 lb. Rainbow he pulled out of there. He also hooked into one farther down where he caught that one and it broke his rod. I was there watching that one. It took off up stream and never stopped. Broke his rod plum in two. We using short stout rods with 8 lb. test that day because the location gave us plenty of room corn casting. He hauled in that 5 pounder on a micro rod and reel. So it had to be a behemoth bastard. Upstream on medium tackle. There are native In there but they do stock it pretty heavy. Though you might want some info when trout season comes in.

Also as far north you can get on the Chattahoochee up where it begins have freaking whales. What's that little town that has Octoberfest all year round. North of that place. I am loosing my memory quick. Not good but the fishing is great up in those parts. Perfect for a little three day camping trip.

Also as far north you can get on the Chattahoochee up where it begins have freaking whales. What's that little town that has Octoberfest all year round. North of that place. I am loosing my memory quick. Not good but the fishing is great up in those parts. Perfect for a little three day camping trip.
I think I might need a little camping trip like that. I haven’t fished that part of the chattahoochee but I’d like to try it.

I think I might need a little camping trip like that. I haven’t fished that part of the chattahoochee but I’d like to try it.
I saw a fishing show up there once. A guide showed the fisherman where to fish and surefire lures. Everyone was reelling in hogs. I mean monster rainbow trout.

Back
Top Bottom