• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

fishing "kits"

i agree, BUT, the mass majority cant mentally go w/o eating for very long.
it strives fear in their minds and panic sets in. then you have problems with that person
and not knowing what they might try to pull. now, being that person, the fear, the panic, the unknown can do and cause everything including them killing and getting killed. food or the lack there of is a real motavator bro.
it also has a real calming effect lol.
fishing rods are very packable these days. some companies specialize in them. i have a diawa
that packs down to the size of a KJV Bible in case even. grazing isnt a option for most as they dont
know whats what. something i too am working on as well. the psychological effects about food on all side
can make or break a person, a family, a group. or even if its one in the group, the whole group can suffer from it.
things dont have to invole you to get you involved if you know what i mean.

I'm thinking solo. I know I can go without food and don't stress food in my personal bugout gear. Top priority is thermal and water.

What surprises me in most folks planning is that they will carry multiple guns and extra ammo but no axe.

What surprises me in most folks planning is that they will carry multiple guns and extra ammo but no axe.

another thing that strikes me odd is if/when SHTF, all the gun wavers dont realize eventually
law and order will be restored and they will have to answer for all the "zombies" they killed too.
you never hear talk about that one either.
then there are the "they wont take my guns" folks lol. tons of guns and ammo.
the problem is, if they do come for your guns, they will storm your house so damn fast..........
one or two people against a troop of law enforcement or soldiers lol. i understand and agree to our rights to fire arms. i do understand the need to stock up on ammo. but seriously, how many people are really gonna actually go toe 2 toe with a squad coming to collect your firearms? not many im willing to bet. so really after a certain point all folks are doing is spending their life savings on gear that will only be taken away by force if need be.
a waste honestly.

true story.........
back when Y2K was the fear of the week i had a boss that went around our dept telling everybody all the **** he had been stock piled for months. **** delivered to work, he would show it off yadda yadda yadda.
well this went on for weeks right. so everybody was together talking about their preps and bragging to one another and making slight fun of those that didnt have very much.
he asked me what i have stocked up i told him 2 boxes of shells. everybody laughed.
he said thats it? i said yep. they laughed again. i told him i didnt have much to worry about.
he said ole your exempt from whats coming laughing again. i said nope not at all, but i do know where you live and what you have that i'll need. you could have heard a pin drop. everybody went silent. as he looked at me
with that stupid look i told him/them STOP TELLING EVERYBODY WHAT YOU HAVE YA DAMN IDIOTS.
from that point forward not another word was ever mentioned about peoples stock piles lol.

another thing that strikes me odd is if/when SHTF, all the gun wavers dont realize eventually
law and order will be restored and they will have to answer for all the "zombies" they killed too.
you never hear talk about that one either.
then there are the "they wont take my guns" folks lol. tons of guns and ammo.
the problem is, if they do come for your guns, they will storm your house so damn fast..........
one or two people against a troop of law enforcement or soldiers lol. i understand and agree to our rights to fire arms. i do understand the need to stock up on ammo. but seriously, how many people are really gonna actually go toe 2 toe with a squad coming to collect your firearms? not many im willing to bet. so really after a certain point all folks are doing is spending their life savings on gear that will only be taken away by force if need be.
a waste honestly.

true story.........
back when Y2K was the fear of the week i had a boss that went around our dept telling everybody all the **** he had been stock piled for months. **** delivered to work, he would show it off yadda yadda yadda.
well this went on for weeks right. so everybody was together talking about their preps and bragging to one another and making slight fun of those that didnt have very much.
he asked me what i have stocked up i told him 2 boxes of shells. everybody laughed.
he said thats it? i said yep. they laughed again. i told him i didnt have much to worry about.
he said ole your exempt from whats coming laughing again. i said nope not at all, but i do know where you live and what you have that i'll need. you could have heard a pin drop. everybody went silent. as he looked at me
with that stupid look i told him/them STOP TELLING EVERYBODY WHAT YOU HAVE YA DAMN IDIOTS.
from that point forward not another word was ever mentioned about peoples stock piles lol.

IDK, i think the propagandist like to keep reminding the ants that they're a bull for a reason. I dont foresee a day ever coming where citizens have to defend themselves vs a force larger than a local police department or a mob of mostly peaceful protestors like the NFAC. If we ever reached a point where the US government turned it's military on it's citizens, the military would probably turn on it's government, granted, i'm speaking for the soul of the country at this very moment in time, after 50 more years of liberal brainwashing, critical race theory, BLM and democrats in power, things may change. Hell, the military may get issued tags and hunting permits to go kill "political separatist" at that point, who knows.

Your most likely scenario right now would probably be that your town is overran by "zombies" and you need to get to a rural area to hideout or pass through until order is restored. If you saw it coming and had an advantageous location, you and a dozen friends could probably hold fort in that situation and being heavily armed would have value. Scariest part of that particular scenario is that the local police may be apologetic to the zombies and you defending your property could be frowned upon. In a solo situation, your mobility and being able to hide is gonna serve you better than extra firepower.

To be honest, IDK how i'd prepare anymore. The Purge is starting to look like a documentary. Guess it depends if your bugout is a lost in the woods situation or a hiding in the woods situation.

If I were backpacking in a survival situation where I expected to have to supply my own protein from the nature I see around me, I would have a telescoping rod and reel. I bought two of them, several years back, for use from kayaks. They had to fit in my 22" long gear bag on the stern until such time as I brought them out to use. Both were only about 14" long when collapsed and maybe 5 feet long when extended. One had a Zebco 202 reel, and the other had an open-faced reel. Each cost about $18.

But if I'm walking in the woods with just a small bookbag type back, or maybe a fanny pack, and I don't expect to spend days in the woods; I expect to be back at my car and driving home by dark, I will STILL carry some survival items in my day-pack. Would fishing gear be part of that stuff? Probably not, unless it was a TINY little kit that had virtually no weight to it. I'd rather put dry food in there and bottled water, and/or a water filter or water purification tablets. And warm clothes, a poncho, a roll of bright ribbon, etc.

If I were backpacking in a survival situation where I expected to have to supply my own protein from the nature I see around me, I would have a telescoping rod and reel. I bought two of them, several years back, for use from kayaks. They had to fit in my 22" long gear bag on the stern until such time as I brought them out to use. Both were only about 14" long when collapsed and maybe 5 feet long when extended. One had a Zebco 202 reel, and the other had an open-faced reel. Each cost about $18.

But if I'm walking in the woods with just a small bookbag type back, or maybe a fanny pack, and I don't expect to spend days in the woods; I expect to be back at my car and driving home by dark, I will STILL carry some survival items in my day-pack. Would fishing gear be part of that stuff? Probably not, unless it was a TINY little kit that had virtually no weight to it. I'd rather put dry food in there and bottled water, and/or a water filter or water purification tablets. And warm clothes, a poncho, a roll of bright ribbon, etc.

i see your point but its the word "EXPECT" thats holding me up here.

Who needs an Altoids tin? Been carrying this, or one just like it, for years. 14 feet of line, a hook, two BB split shot, wrapped around a piece of carboard. Caught a LOT of fish with it.........

Attachments

• 20210702_164648.jpg
    20210702_164648.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom