• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fishing is tough in Georgia right now

Caught this spot on Latham reservoir couple weeks ago trolling a rattle trap behind my kayak, was boiling hot outside.
820B36B4-CE81-4F49-B914-4E6CBA558C7E.jpeg
8C2B604F-A306-4935-9862-2B9143A49474.jpeg

Yep, dog days of summer in Georgia. A good fisherman can always catch fish. I'm a much more successful hunter myself, but I love to wet a hook
Been catching a few dinks, nothing to throw a parade over though lol. I love to hunt, unfortunately, I took a pretty bad fall couple years back and shattered my ankle. All my hunting buddies have wives and babies, so I don't get to go near as much. Just not a good idea for me to be stomping around the woods by myself in case something happened.

Been catching a few dinks, nothing to throw a parade over though lol. I love to hunt, unfortunately, I took a pretty bad fall couple years back and shattered my ankle. All my hunting buddies have wives and babies, so I don't get to go near as much. Just not a good idea for me to be stomping around the woods by myself in case something happened.
Same with me. Had left shoulder rebuilt in Feb. Right hip in 2018.

I used to be a big hunter but have fallen away. Don’t really have a place to go without utilizing the WMA’s by myself. Maybe this year. I’m into hunting crappie year round now. I’m looking for that 3+ pounder!
Believe it or not, I actually hooked up on what had to be a 3+lb black crappie during the spawn early March on a crappie shiner. Looked like a flounder when he breeched the surface and spit the hook lol. He's still out there!

Believe it or not, I actually hooked up on what had to be a 3+lb black crappie during the spawn early March on a crappie shiner. Looked like a flounder when he breeched the surface and spit the hook lol. He's still out there!
Ugh! Man I hate that for you. My biggest is 2.5 lbs last year in our reservoir. Where were you fishing?

Back
Top Bottom