• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First time on the range in two months.

Adam5

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
147   1
Reaction score
I got on the range for the first time since breaking my arm on 3/7, then having surgery on it on 4/2.

Results were as expected, good and bad. 250 rounds of .22lr through my Ruger MKII Competition Target and Ruger LCPII .22.

First the good. I had to modify my stance a little since I can’t straighten my right arm fully, but could still rip the center out of a target at seven to ten yards. I’ve been temporarily carrying the LCPII .22 in my left front pocket since I can’t draw with my right. It ran 100% and only using my left hand at seven to ten yards I can keep an open hand size group. That will work until I can draw with my strong side arm again.

Now the bad. I ran two rounds through my S&W CS9, cleared it, and put it down because it hurt to fire. My muscles that haven’t been used in two months are not ready for a short barrel 9mm yet.

Physical therapy in my arm starts tomorrow, and I’ll try the 9mm again in a week or two. The 10mm and .45acps will stay put away for now.

Overall, I’ll take it as a good start, and a way that I missed spending my time. I was shooting weekly, and lately have been getting twitches in my right index finger…

Other than shooting some air holes in the burning barrel in my backyard,
I don't think I've shot any handguns this year.
Been shooting a couple of .22 rifles and an AR-15 and AK carbine, at 25 and 100 yards,
and got in just one 5-shot group at 200 yds. before we lost daylight.

I need to get to the indoor range myself.

I need to hit the range myself. I have 3 builds I haven't ran one round through. One has one of the Swampfox Arrowhead 1-8 scopes on it. Can't wait to see how that goes. Anyway hope all goes well with recovery. God speed my friend.

I need to go function test a few myself. I've got my 9mm ak almost done but need test fire the trigger group just to be sure. I miss the range and my range buddies.

I don't know what bothers me most the ammo shortage or the hesitation of shooting some of what I have to stay in tune. It will be good when this crap is over. However, I am afraid we are just going to have to take it. When DD doesn't have plans on a production run of 6.8 barrels means they can't keep up with 5.56. You would have thought by know everyone in kingdom come would have one or two by now. I'm perplexed at the length of time this has been going on.

Had a great day at the range three weeks ago. A buddy have me a schooling on ARs. Showed me a lot. Last week he passed. It'll be really strange next time I go.

Back
Top Bottom