• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First suppressor

Most rifle caliber cans are not end-user servicea
Mine are all very easy to clean.
Pop off the end caps remove the baffles, clean them and put it back together.
I had one salemans pull several apart and show me the baffles. Some of the companies did a better job of dummy proofing with markings which is what I need. I go out of my way to screw something up. haha!

My suggestion is to start with a serviceable .22 can. .22 (and 300BLK, too) is really the only caliber that you are going to be able to shoot and really get the "silencer" effect. 9mm and .45 to some extent are significantly quieter, but a .22 is really "silent." So it's the best initial impression. A lot of guys start out with a 5.56 can and then screw it on and shoot and get really disappointed because it's so loud...it doesn't really feel like they've bought a "silencer." So, I'd suggest a dedicated .22 can and then something flexible from there to cover rifle and pistol calibers. Mystic X from Liberty is my suggestion.

I got a Dobbs 22 can first.
Then I got a Rugged Obsidian 45.
Then I bought a Rugged Surge 30 cal can.
Make sure all of your can are user serviceable and check the cost of the mounts if you get a rifle can.
Also look at the warranty.
These 3 allow me to suppress everything I own.
I am considering another 22 can just because I use the 22 can most and it would be nice to have another when someone else is shooting with me.
great info. Im going to screenshot this. I hope to get something cooking this weekend.

My suggestion is to start with a serviceable .22 can. .22 (and 300BLK, too) is really the only caliber that you are going to be able to shoot and really get the "silencer" effect. 9mm and .45 to some extent are significantly quieter, but a .22 is really "silent." So it's the best initial impression. A lot of guys start out with a 5.56 can and then screw it on and shoot and get really disappointed because it's so loud...it doesn't really feel like they've bought a "silencer." So, I'd suggest a dedicated .22 can and then something flexible from there to cover rifle and pistol calibers. Mystic X from Liberty is my suggestion.
and thats mainly what I want. A plinking can so I can shoot cheaply and quietly. Ill check Mystic out. Ive mainly looked at Dead air and another one I cant remember. (not mystic though)

and thats mainly what I want. A plinking can so I can shoot cheaply and quietly. Ill check Mystic out. Ive mainly looked at Dead air and another one I cant remember. (not mystic though)
You can't go wrong with Liberty. I've shot many times with Dave (the owner). I have their Leonidas integral 300BLK upper and their Mystic X. Great customer service, superior products, and just good people.

You can't go wrong with Liberty. I've shot many times with Dave (the owner). I have their Leonidas integral 300BLK upper and their Mystic X. Great customer service, superior products, and just good people.
Im definitely checking the Mystic out. that one keeps popping up in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom