• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Rivian R1T truck hits the road....1st truck rolls off the assembly line

no real trans trouble. it did run hot on me once. i changed both filters and all but one gallon of the fluid and never had any other problems.
i rebuilt the injectors myself around 300k,put a water pump on it,i fuel pressure regulator,and rebuilt the filter housing.
i changed my oil when it hit 0% and did 2 gallons of delvac and half gallon of lucas. had a programmer on it set on 3 and i got 17 to 22 mpg and it would light the tires like it was nothing. on a damp road anything under 75mph it would light them up as well.
i miss it,i sold it with plans of getting a 7 1/2 to 12 (love the body style) and then we got covid used pricing. so i am waiting to replace it unless the right deal comes along.
i had a 01 dually i picked up back when obamer shot diesel fuel prices thru the roof. it was a great truck. they want 14k for it and i talked them down to 11k on the phone,went to Alabama and drove it home for 8900 with a full tank of fuel. it had 175k on it,i ran it up to just shy of 300k with no problems other than a water pump and a belt. then sold it for 9500.
love the duramax..
That’s good to hear regarding your transmission. So far I have had no issues. I did develop a drip in coolant leaking at the front of the engine. Was hoping it was the bottom radiator hose but turned out to be the water pump. Put one on it this past weekend. Injectors were replaced just before I bought it. Got all the service records from new. Dealership in Rome did all work including injector and even tires. I have known this truck since it was new and the previous / original owner kept it up exceptionally so I feel I got a great deal on a great truck.

That’s good to hear regarding your transmission. So far I have had no issues. I did develop a drip in coolant leaking at the front of the engine. Was hoping it was the bottom radiator hose but turned out to be the water pump. Put one on it this past weekend. Injectors were replaced just before I bought it. Got all the service records from new. Dealership in Rome did all work including injector and even tires. I have known this truck since it was new and the previous / original owner kept it up exceptionally so I feel I got a great deal on a great truck.
the early dmax injector problem was filter related. i always changed my fuel filter every oil change..

I hear all the hubbub, but I drive maybe 15-20 miles a day on average. I may double it as we do the partial “return to the office” nonsense, but that is even likely short lived with whatever new blah-blah variant might be out there. I think the range will work for me, without doubt. Sure there are times where I go on vacation but that’s only a few times a year and I can plan my stops for lunch around a charge, I’m on vacation, I’m not in a hurry.

Green? Heck, I’m not worried about the environmental impacts. Modern cars are pretty dang environmentally friendly, I just get to fuel up in my garage while I sleep, or at the office “free to me”. Pennies on the dollar for what I pay for gas.

It’s not for everyone, that’s for sure. And, the tax breaks are a slap in the face for those that can’t afford a brand new car or have to drive long distances daily. But, I do look forward to pulling into the driveway and plugging in from a run to get lunch in a new F-150 instead of the golf cart I have been sporting since the office went remote. Even if it is only 3 days a week…

Back
Top Bottom