• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Job Interview in 10 Years

Make sure you know all about the company you are interviewing with, what they do, who is your customer, home office. Relax and be yourself, show confidence, you probably have more real world experience than the hiring manager. Good Luck!
This is what I would do.

Definitely research the company but don’t nervously spout the facts your read. BUT…come up with at least two questions for the interviewing team, like what’s their 5 year plan on their current trajectory of growth or do they plan on growing into a new department-something like that. It shows you do your homework and thought to be prepared. They will also have that in mind when considering someone sharp to run a new project.

Preferred pronoun is a thing now. I started a new job earlier this year and in orientation they asked me (in a group meeting with all the other new people starting at that time, perhaps 25 total). I replied "I would like to be referred to as Lord or Czar, since you are asking and we are picking".

My joke was not at all well received!

Preferred pronoun is a thing now. I started a new job earlier this year and in orientation they asked me (in a group meeting with all the other new people starting at that time, perhaps 25 total). I replied "I would like to be referred to as Lord or Czar, since you are asking and we are picking".

My joke was not at all well received!
In a case like that if you could ever stomach working there, your answer should just have been, "My 'pronoun' is my name. It is 'Greg' [insert your name here.]

Do have one guy on my team though that insists on being referred to as "they/them". Makes for some stupidly clumsy sentences from time to time but whatever, they can be an idiot if they wants to be.

Do have one guy on my team though that insists on being referred to as "they/them". Makes for some stupidly clumsy sentences from time to time but whatever, they can be an idiot if they wants to be.
I ignore all pronouns and still conduct communication as if I was still living in pre-retarded society. Haven't been **** canned yet. I prefer nouns myself.

Sincerely,
Gingerbeard Man (Apache Helicopter/Sherman Tank/Meat Rifle)

I remember when I retired after being with the same employer for 20 years.... When I got ready to interview again, I created a LinkedIn profile and spent a couple $100 to have it professionally written.

Helped me a lot

Good Luck

I remember when I retired after being with the same employer for 20 years.... When I got ready to interview again, I created a LinkedIn profile and spent a couple $100 to have it professionally written.

Helped me a lot

Good Luck
FYI, LinkedIn was bought by Microsoft. Some say, the biggest data-acquisition deal in history.

I ignore all pronouns and still conduct communication as if I was still living in pre-retarded society. Haven't been **** canned yet. I prefer nouns myself.

Sincerely,
Gingerbeard Man (Apache Helicopter/Sherman Tank/Meat Rifle)
As shocking as it may be to the woke crowd, I roll the same way. I don’t recognize your seriously misguided views, I’m an independent thinker and will not comply.

Back
Top Bottom