• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Buck

Chester Hirsch

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
44   0
Reaction score
11145173-CDB6-4614-9F52-11752C243A46.jpeg
After plenty years of not seeing a buck and a missed shot at an 8 point last year, I finally got some antlers. Planning on getting the skull and antlers back for a Euro mount. Any tips on preservation or care for European mounts?

View attachment 2925530 After plenty years of not seeing a buck and a missed shot at an 8 point last year, I finally got some antlers. Planning on getting the skull and antlers back for a Euro mount. Any tips on preservation or care for European mounts?
Congratulations to you. I remember my first buck it was a wonderful moment. Use a pressure washer with no more than 1800 psi after you boil it and use hair bleach and not Clorox bleach

Congratulations to you. I remember my first buck it was a wonderful moment. Use a pressure washer with no more than 1800 psi after you boil it and use hair bleach and not Clorox bleach
Thank you, it was surely a relief to finally get it done! And thank you for the advice, hopefully I’ll have it back from the processor in a week or so, I definitely wouldn’t have thought to use hair bleach.

Thank you, it was surely a relief to finally get it done! And thank you for the advice, hopefully I’ll have it back from the processor in a week or so, I definitely wouldn’t have thought to use hair bleach.
household bleach is too strong, will disintegrate the bone

Back
Top Bottom