• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First brisket is on the smoker...

Nice what kind of setup is it?

I think it was a Cajun Cooker in it's previous lifetime. I added 3 more thermometers, a dispersement shield to even out the heat and lined the bottom with 11 gauge aluminum. When I close the lid I don't open it for about 12 or 14 hours.
I added a couple of 10 inch wheels and a "juice" drain bucket.
I placed a small gas burner in the firebox and I have a couple of metal coffee cans with 3/4" holes drilled in them that I fill with charcoal. I light the coals with a soldering torch in one can and it will ignite the other can of charcoal as it gets hotter. (The ashes will stay in the cans so clean up is a breeze.)
If I'm cooking six shoulders, (about70 pounds of meat) I'll refill the charcoal cans after about 4 hours, then I don't worry about them until the next morning.
I build a hickory wood fire in the firebox from time to time with nothing cooking just to season the smoker.

I think it was a Cajun Cooker in it's previous lifetime. I added 3 more thermometers, a dispersement shield to even out the heat and lined the bottom with 11 gauge aluminum. When I close the lid I don't open it for about 12 or 14 hours.
I added a couple of 10 inch wheels and a "juice" drain bucket.
I placed a small gas burner in the firebox and I have a couple of metal coffee cans with 3/4" holes drilled in them that I fill with charcoal. I light the coals with a soldering torch in one can and it will ignite the other can of charcoal as it gets hotter. (The ashes will stay in the cans so clean up is a breeze.)
If I'm cooking six shoulders, (about70 pounds of meat) I'll refill the charcoal cans after about 4 hours, then I don't worry about them until the next morning.
I build a hickory wood fire in the firebox from time to time with nothing cooking just to season the smoker.
I need pics of that setup. Sounds easy & almost fool proof.

A48FD563-BFDD-48BB-AB99-8FFA9C7A2A09.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom