• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First brisket is on the smoker...

Geaux what is your smoker setup?
Just an inexpensive electric by Masterbuilt. I don't need a bunch of tending to the heat to help me mess it up. Just set it and pretty much forget it. I've had great result with the butts I've smoked so far but this as mentioned is my first go at brisket (actually any beef).

It was $20 from Kroger's. That's my price/risk tolerance point I guess. :lol: There's just three of us so should make for at least a couple meals.

I just wrapped it (3 hours in). Looks good enough to eat! :cool:

Sweet taters are in oven.....

Just an inexpensive electric by Masterbuilt. I don't need a bunch of tending to the heat to help me mess it up. Just set it and pretty much forget it. I've had great result with the butts I've smoked so far but this as mentioned is my first go at brisket (actually any beef).

It was $20 from Kroger's. That's my price/risk tolerance point I guess. :lol: There's just three of us so should make for at least a couple meals.

I just wrapped it (3 hours in). Looks good enough to eat! :cool:

Sweet taters are in oven.....
To me there is nothing better than an offset barrel high airflow smoker, but with a 3 year old and a newborn son I need to invest in an electric if I want to smoke regularly like I have in the past. Think I’m going to get that small smokin it so I can set the temp and walk away like you describe. I’ll bet yours is tasty send us some pics when you hit temp!

Cooking brisket is an art. You can paint a great picture that everyone loves or a bad one that you want to bury. Low, slow and patience. Also if it comes out a little tough, wrap it in foil and put in in the oven a 225 for about an hour. Then let it set until it cools to about room temp. The rest in the foil will allow the steam from the meat to help tenderize it.

To me there is nothing better than an offset barrel high airflow smoker, but with a 3 year old and a newborn son I need to invest in an electric if I want to smoke regularly like I have in the past. Think I’m going to get that small smokin it so I can set the temp and walk away like you describe. I’ll bet yours is tasty send us some pics when you hit temp!
I'm sure there are advantages to higher priced ones but this one holds constant temperature and smokes plenty. This thing doesn't budge from the 225 I'm cooking at. Not sure what else I could expect. :noidea: Might simply be a case of "You can't miss what you never had." ;)

5 lbs won't able to serve to many people. Didn't they teach you in school it not nice to not share
It's hidden on the back deck. Any nosy neighbors come sniffing around.... as an old very Cajun aunt used to say... "Dey gonna' catch a bullit!". :biggrin1:

I'm sure there are advantages to higher priced ones but this one holds constant temperature and smokes plenty. This thing doesn't budge from the 225 I'm cooking at. Not sure what else I could expect. :noidea: Might simply be a case of "You can't miss what you never had." ;)
I don’t know much, but I know one thing. Both turn out some mighty tasty bbq. That’s what I love about bbq cook it how you like it there are a million ways to do it.

I smoke butts on a weber kettle . Charcoal on one side ,meat on the other . Works awesome !

If it works then it ain't broke :hungry:

Back
Top Bottom