• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Firearms Inventory

toobaroque

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
37   0
Reaction score
Just finished a two-week long, painstakingly detailed exercise to inventory all of my firearms. I have been wanting to do this for many years, and finally just decided it was time.

I'm pretty much an Excel geek, so I utilized some obscure formulas to make it sortable and searchable in just about any way I want. No, I don't know why! I just did.

Mine consists of three tabs, each linked with different formulas, functions and pivot tables to the master database. Even though it's still a work in process, it's still quite functional. I've got all the details on each firearm including the unique details of grips, triggers, etc., along with all the basic stuff like purchase price and location.

I figure since I now have this, when "da man" decides to come and take them all, they will not label my collection as a "cache" or "arsenal" but simply as a harmless "collection!"

One can still dream...!

Anybody else ever done this same thing?

Capture1.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Same with me, but I have Excel worksheets for categories of rifles, pistols, shotguns, ammo, and accessories. Within each firearm worksheet, I then sort according to caliber/gauge. When I buy new accessories, I initially lump them in the accessory spreadsheet then, once installed on a firearm, I move it to the specific firearm so that I can track the newly upgraded firearm's value. I track from whom it was purchased, purchase date, serial number, insurance value, and other basic info. When I buy in bulk, such as lowers, lower parts kits, complete uppers, I can adjust the accessories page to show what is installed versus how many of each item I have remaining. With Excel, I hide the serial numbers column, then create a PDF to send the insurance company when adjustments to insured value need to be made. For my ammo worksheet, I track the actual count when purchased, then subtract when I pull to reload magazines. Once it is initially setup, it is a breeze to maintain.

I have a detailed inventory as well, but mines much simpler. Simple list of firearm, serial number, date purchased/where, and amount. I use this list for my insurance guy too.

I got the same. Basic spreadsheet with make, model, serial number, how much I paid and when I brought it, as well as color and some other details. My current collection is.... a lot

Back
Top Bottom