• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finances for retirement

Just hope one renter doesn’t destroy a rental

Then it’s not fun anymore

oh im planning on already putting aside almost a third of what should be coming in to plan for repairs and upkeep and thankfully me or my family can do 95% of any work that would be needed to keep costs low. That and im still gonna be picky as hell about who i rent too, god knows i wont want them living how i did in college lol :becky:

Always laughed at these financial guys that my company let in the doors to talk to u about saving and investing. The first thing they'd all talk about is retiring and buying that big house on the lake you always wanted........ yeah right buddy..... retire, down size and get rid of all the clutter in your life.

Always laughed at these financial guys that my company let in the doors to talk to u about saving and investing. The first thing they'd all talk about is retiring and buying that big house on the lake you always wanted........ yeah right buddy..... retire, down size and get rid of all the clutter in your life.

I think they call that the “Living the Dream Nightmare” because you’re spending your whole retirement figuring out how to pay for all that crap lol

At the rate I'm going I'll have to work 10 years after I'm dead.

I used to didn't really think about retirement but now that I have friends who are retired and see folks in my company retire it is something I would REALLY like to retire early but we had kids late and that is just not in the cards.

One thing I would look out for is estate planning. That getting old stuff isn't for the weak. Ever checked out the cost of a retirement community? Or the cost of the old folks home that has nurses and such to take care of you? Big money if you continue to live. And from what I understand you have to basically be a pauper before uncle sugar will start to pay the bills.

Well I retired last year, and all those beans and taters, they give out at the homeless shelters, have been just fine for me. Sorry got to go, they just called last all at the shelter

Medical history would be a huge factor. My father is in Memory Care in Brunswick and that is $5800 per month.

Unless you plan to take it all with you by finishing your bucket list and going out with a bang!

As I've stated before, land has been a good investment for me (not the only one mind you)I bought and sold small parcels thru out my working life, land rarely go's down in value and if you chose wisely you can make a lot over what was paid for the property. I owe no one, own 2 homes free and clear,1 car and 2 trucks all paid for. Wife and I both retired at 60,travel,and have no wants.
My advise, pay off the cards, invest in anything that your company offers a contribution match on, buy land, save up to buy things (don't use card unless its an emergency.) Good luck

Back
Top Bottom