• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally got a Smoker

I smoke all the time. Smoked cream cheese is pretty good. Smoked two chickens last night. I have a brisket flat going on in the morning for brisket tacos. Pork Butt is probably the easiest and most forgiving of the proteins. Did a sirloin roast this weekend that was fantastic, sliced it thin and served with chimichurri.

I love a nice Old Fashioned. One of my favorite cocktails! That sounds like a great recipe to try.

I’ve been wanting a smoker for over a year now and finally got one. Even bought the cold smoke attachment for it. Ready to put this to good use. Starting off with a smoked salsa and smoked orange simple syrup and cherries for old fashion. Blistered the vegetables and now time to smoke them. What some of your favorites?

Reactions: GFB
Did an awesome smoke salmon appetizer for football Saturday and got a brisket for next time.

Attachments

• 0F5A6E95-BFC7-4F8C-82A4-81C514154FE2.jpeg
    0F5A6E95-BFC7-4F8C-82A4-81C514154FE2.jpeg
    199.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 1F8A82E4-0E7A-4753-B566-FBE10771CCFB.jpeg
    1F8A82E4-0E7A-4753-B566-FBE10771CCFB.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 17
Eyyy Congratulations! I just got a smoker in spring. best choice I made. mine is electric and it runs the bill but its worth it! I usually religiously only do Beef ribs but, Ive done beef chuck steak, whole chickens after wet brining too. I think outside of beef ribs, a fat chuck steak gets it done and reminds me of brisket without the pricetag. also, dont skimp on brown sugar. lol

Eyyy Congratulations! I just got a smoker in spring. best choice I made. mine is electric and it runs the bill but its worth it! I usually religiously only do Beef ribs but, Ive done beef chuck steak, whole chickens after wet brining too. I think outside of beef ribs, a fat chuck steak gets it done and reminds me of brisket without the pricetag. also, dont skimp on brown sugar. lol
A chuck roast......hmmm....got me thinking.....

Back
Top Bottom