• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally Found a Use For....

Flatblack79

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
1   0
Reaction score
So every gear head has at some point or another bought a tool that they thought they "might need one day" and then said tool(s) sit for years never used. Well i finally found a use for the "half moon" wrenches yesterday. Upper shock bolts on the rear of a Ram truck are nearly impossible to get to unless you have these or cut a sacrificial wrench to 3" long to squeeze between the frame and bed.

SMH5T_ProductImage_PrimaryImage_400.jpg

I first used those wrenches way back when I was a kid. By buying an 8 bolt Pontiac 389 bell housing, and a driveshaft universal with 2 different bearing cap sizes, it was able to put a Ford truck 3 speed transmission, which was heavy duty and a way better tranny than the GM 3 speeds in my 64 Lemans. The only way to tighten the top 2 bolts was with the 5/8 curved wrench. I still have that wrench in my box and it does get used a bit now, but not as much as when I was blowing clutches and throw out bearings in that Pontiac.

So every gear head has at some point or another bought a tool that they thought they "might need one day" and then said tool(s) sit for years never used. Well i finally found a use for the "half moon" wrenches yesterday. Upper shock bolts on the rear of a Ram truck are nearly impossible to get to unless you have these or cut a sacrificial wrench to 3" long to squeeze between the frame and bed.
I got a couple of them.

Back
Top Bottom