• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Finally bought my unicorn “Dream Gun”

I looked that bad boy up, that's cool. I had no idea someone made a reproduction of these. I knew the original Brownings were expensive and class III. Definitely want to hear about it once you go to the range...
Yeah they are nice. They take original parts when building their rifles. Some of the more modern made ones use new production barrels. The receivers are newly made of course. This baby ran me close to $7,000.00 and will continue to go up in value for sure. When these first came out probably close to 8-10 years ago they were $4300

Ohio ordnance also had a limited license agreement with colt to reproduce the 1918 BAR (WW1 version/ and the kind seen used by gangsters of the 1920s-1930s.) those ran close to $9,000 8 years ago. I’m sure they are probably close to $12,000-$15,000 now.. just my guess

Ever since Ohio Ordnance Works released their SLR 1918a3 Browning Automatic Rifle, I have been wanting it. It always felt like a game of cat & mouse…when they were available-I couldn’t afford it.. when I finally could afford it… I couldn’t find one. I have finally purchased one and super excited to pick it up when it ships in next week. I’ll be sure to post pictures. I’m am always looking for spare BAR parts, magazines , etc. let me know what you have. I am also looking forward to getting some 30-06. Cheers!
I used to work for Ian Landis. He is the brother of company founder Bob Landis. When I last talked with Bob, his son was stepping up into the role that his father held. Great small business success story. Great folks, quality products, not cheap but we all know you get what you pay for.
Hope that you enjoy your new purchase.

These are Semi only.

Buddy of mine picked one up at the $4300 price over 10 years ago.

His Dad carried and shot one in WWII, from Normandy to the Bulge, till it was out of ammo. Threw all their grenades, ended up POW's. Escaped and made it back to the lines as the war ended.

These are Semi only.

Buddy of mine picked one up at the $4300 price over 10 years ago.

His Dad carried and shot one in WWII, from Normandy to the Bulge, till it was out of ammo. Threw all their grenades, ended up POW's. Escaped and made it back to the lines as the war ended.
Yes sir, thank you for sharing. I’ve heard a few counts of soldiers throwing away their bipod, carry handle, and flash hider (too much weight)

Back
Top Bottom