• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fence Sitter Giveaway

Electors are under no obligation to cast their votes for who won the popular vote in their state. Or at least that’s how the Founders intended.
This
If your concept of the electorate was accurate then hillary would be the president and not trump.
Hillary won the popular vote and yet trump is 45

That is why Hillary lost. She took states for granted, much like Biden is doing. You must win smaller states and at least two large. Hillary had Cali and NY and ignored most others. Lazy politicians rarely do well in states they ignore.

That is why Hillary lost. She took states for granted, much like Biden is doing. You must win smaller states and at least two large. Hillary had Cali and NY and ignored most others. Lazy politicians rarely do well in states they ignore.
Here are the electoral and popular vote results from 2016.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201021-103402_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201021-103402_Chrome.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 11
As I said, Trump carried more states. The popular vote is irrelevant as the electoral college is the deciding factor. If only one person voted in California and they voted for one of the 23 Green Party Candidates, that candidate would get 55 electoral votes. As in your chart, Trump carried 30 states and Hillary carried 20. How an elector votes is dictated by state laws.

As I said, Trump carried more states. The popular vote is irrelevant as the electoral college is the deciding factor. If only one person voted in California and they voted for one of the 23 Green Party Candidates, that candidate would get 55 electoral votes. As in your chart, Trump carried 30 states and Hillary carried 20. How an elector votes is dictated by state laws.
Thanks for making my point, the popular vote(all of our votes) is irrelevant. The electoral votes dont always coincide with their states citizens views or votes, therefore the popular vote does not choose the president.

Back
Top Bottom