• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Fence Lizard

carver

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
21   0
Reaction score
Found this girl and another about a week ago in my driveway making nest, this girl is right in the way,so I waited until she was done laying,then I robbed her nest.I'll hatch the eggs myself,takes fence lizards eggs 28 weeks to hatch!
,.jpg
=.jpg
[.jpg

Good of you to rescue the eggs. 28 weeks, wow!
Yeah 28 weeks,but you really dont have to do anything other than keeping them safe (red thing is a plastic coffee can with hot glue holding screen in it.)Have it and the eggs outside in a safe place until they hatch, I found it odd the eggs hatch date (28 weeks per Google) will be Jan.6th 2021 the middle of winter!

They are ant and other pest eating machines

Just a FYI I found to help you ...

https://www.nwf.org/Educational-Resources/Wildlife-Guide/Reptiles/Eastern-Fence-Lizard

"Male and female fence lizards mate from April to August, then quickly go their separate ways. Young females lay only one clutch of eggs per year, but older females can produce up to four clutches. The eggs are deposited underneath the soil and hatch after 10 weeks. The offspring receive no parental care, so juvenile mortality is high. The average lifespan of eastern fence lizards is unknown, but is probably less than five years."
Thanks, I'll do a little more research,things I've read said 28 weeks,so I'll check

Back
Top Bottom