Female German Shepherd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death by Selection

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
14   0
Reaction score
She's 4 years old with a very high work drive, but she has slowly become more and more unpredictable. I honestly think she gets anxious without having some kind of work to do, but she has become pretty unpredictable with our 15 month old so I have to find somewhere safe for her to go. We've had her since she was 6 months old. She's house trained, basic obedience, spayed, and up to date on all her vaccines. She does NOT do well with other animals either. No fee to anyone willing to give her a good home but she needs to be an only pet with no small children in the home...I would strongly prefer someone with experience working GSD's. Feel free to message me any questions. Located in Clarkesville or I work in Hall County.

20190202_133319.jpg
20190409_202524.jpg
20200427_173820.jpg

Please understand guys this is something I do with a heavy heart. She's been my right hand partner since she was 6 months old. For whatever reason her and babies just don't mix. The bigger and more active he's gotten the worse her temperament has gotten. She's by no means a bad dog...she is just wired exactly how they are bred to be wired. High work drive, high protection drive, and as loyal as they come.

Wish I could help you out. Love GSDs and have had them all my life, except now. We adopted a 10 y/o Golden Retriever to give him a good home in his last years. Good luck to you, she seems like a great companion.

Beautiful dog! I love mine, and she is my little boys best friend. She goes everywhere with him, she thinks she is a human. Shepard’s are great dogs. Hope she finds a good home. Or that she figures out he is part of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful dog! I love mine, and she is my little boys best friend. She goes everywhere with him, she thinks she is a human. Shepard’s are great dogs. Hope she finds a good home. Or that she figures out he is part of the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you....she was always like that with our oldest also, but he was much older when we got her. This baby stage I guess because little man is rather unpredictable to her also (fast moving and loud) just hasn't been a good mix. Kind of like a switch just flipped in her and she doesn't tolerate him anymore. Her and our oldest have always done everything together though and I'm certain a home with older kids who can love on her and bond with her would work out.

20170512_170235.jpg

I just had to go through this with my pup as well. Had him for 11 years and he started turning on my young kids. Very tough situation, but you're making the right choice... so don't beat yourself up too bad.

All sorts of rescues out there if you can't find an adopter. Best wishes to you and your youngins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom