• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Feedback?

I’ve given and received feedback on every deal I’ve done. I’ve found ODTers to be the best kind of people and I almost always have a good conversation with the buyer/seller. It’s great to be part of a community of proud, knowledgeable and responsible gun owners. That said, it seems like there are a lot of newer members and some of them aren’t showing the same type of etiquette. Not a conspiracy theorist, but I’m starting to wonder if some of the newbies are plants.

Problem i ran into friday was made a offer and told him I would pick up the next day on a fresh obo post he immediately excepted my offer and told me what time he got off in less than 5 min before I could reply to schedule a meeting he excepted a higher offer admin say no rule broken technically not but dam i guess u better instantly set your meeting with your offer. What this is alows is a member not to reply to your meeting message keeping the deal pending waiting on a higher offer when u except a offer a deal should be set if someone backs out negative feedback simple maybe have a 12hr time limit or something Incase someone goes to bed or has to go to work and can’t access computer
WOW

I’m fairly new to the site and I truly love it!!!!! I do have one question though. I know one can give feedback after a sale has been completed, but what if a sale has not been completed? I have had a few message me regularly and then you can’t get them to respond to save your life. Or someone agrees to buy and then no communication whatsoever. Do you give negative feedback for people like this or just say good riddance? Thank you for your time and feedback.
I had a guy with 8 positive and 1 negative two days ago that agreed to a deal. I didn’t need his gun, but it was a great deal. He agreed to sell me the pistol and mags, and he marked the pistol SPM upon our agreement. He was only 10 miles up the road from me, so I figured that if he had a negative, no big worry on my part about him backing out. He backs out the next day. I did PM him to let him know that he need not try to deal with me if I had a gun up that he wanted, and I would not be dealing with him moving forward. Feedback is reputation in this forum, and you are only as good as your word.

I always leave feedback and I always look at the folks feedback I'm thinking on dealing with especially if they have negative feedback.... Negative feedback CAN make me change my mind on a deal no matter how good it is! Case by case!

And remember just because a place and time is set.. doesn’t mean you have to take it once you see the item, it could be in a lot worse shape than you expected it to be.. be sure in pm’s to state that YOULL TAKE IT IF ITEM IS AS DESCRIBED.. lotsa bs lately with the new members.. not all but some

What if a handful of members or even just 2-3 new people decided to just boost each others numbers ^^UP^^..

Feedback feedback feedback= theres 3
Feedback feedback feedback= theres 3 more

Its a Feedback party!! Everyone of the little group gets Positive Feedbacks

Whats to stop that from happening here ?....Nothing.
We can view their feedback history. It would really stick out if that person had many feedbacks from the same person close together.

Back
Top Bottom