• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Favorite 25-06 deer loads?

Howard Shadix

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
All you folks out there with experience let me know what your fav is. No arguing over somebody’s load, just your favorite. Does anyone use standard run of the mill spritzers or does everyone use exotics? Whats your zero range. Got some ideas and some books and some internet, what say you?? Just got one and can’t stop thinking about it. Got it from a member here who treated me right.

I know this is a reloading forum, but if you just got a .25-06 you will be hard pressed to do better that the factory 120 gr. PEP Winchester load. The positive expanding point bullet is only available in Win. .25 caliber loads, and as far as I know it's not available for components.

You can try a $2 a round exotic bullet but you're not going to kill them any deader than you will with this white box Winchester load.

it used to be relatively easy to find, in .25-06 terms, but now stores feature the pricier loads. Wal Mart has it, you can ask the sporting goods manage to order it for you.

I reload, and I know the siren attraction of the raz a ma taz super home load, but in this case, off the shelf will do just as well.

Thanks, will certainly look into it. Didn't want to influence talk with what I'm looking at but economy is never a bad thing right?
Have you used that load on a deer?

For a factory load I like the federal premium 100 grain ballistic tip. I have had a Browning 25-06 since I started hunting 20 years ago and I have more confidence in it than any other rifle. For reloading I like 4350 or 4831 powder and 100 grain partitions or ballistic tip projectiles...

I want to make a load for coyote too but focusing on deer loads and it seems pretty flexible with just a few weights so I can't wait to get my scope rings in and start shooting.
Hard to go wrong with a Nosler bullet isn't it.
Got some 4350 already, hoping to start tomorrow but don't know if i'll get to.

A very good round used in the mid-west and west for many many years, we have shot that round for over 30 years when not many had even heard of that caliber here in the east it is accurate, quick, and a great shooter. It was a Remington 700, bolt, Sendro, 26" Heavy barrel,in a McMillan stock, Barnes TTSX bullet, what an adrenaline rush, almost no recoil whatsoever great on most varmints, and big game (notice we stated most not all big game animals). We roll our own, and we like the combo and well pleased with the results each and every trigger pull...

Back
Top Bottom