• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

False record affecting NFA background check

alevinson91

Default rank <2500 posts
Local Small Business Advocate
183   1
Reaction score
So I applied for a few NFA items, and was alerted by the FBI that I have a (previously unknown) record in a county in Florida. I have spent 40+ hours on the phone with the courthouse in that county, and they have no record of it, but somehow the jail in that county has documentation of it. Seeing as the people who have the ability to remedy the situation don’t know how to fix it, I’m at a loss for what to do. Any experience or experts or even points to the right direction are appreciated. I own multiple legally acquired guns and have a carry permit, I just don’t know where to turn to fix an errant mistake of record in the FBI database. Thanks for reading.

So I applied for a few NFA items, and was alerted by the FBI that I have a (previously unknown) record in a county in Florida. I have spent 40+ hours on the phone with the courthouse in that county, and they have no record of it, but somehow the jail in that county has documentation of it. Seeing as the people who have the ability to remedy the situation don’t know how to fix it, I’m at a loss for what to do. Any experience or experts or even points to the right direction are appreciated. I own multiple legally acquired guns and have a carry permit, I just don’t know where to turn to fix an errant mistake of record in the FBI database. Thanks for reading.
you don't have any dog's do you....?

I almost lost my job over a similar situation. I had to hire an attorney to clear it up.
Where did they start? I found the source of the problem, but the $9.30 an hour govt workers don’t understand my problem let alone how to fix it. And I quote... ‘if it’s not in the system, just request a handwritten background check and hand deliver it’

Back
Top Bottom