• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Shotguns (esp. for Home Defense)

I like the Navy procedure for shotgun use aboard ship. Should work as well on concrete floors as it does on steel decks.
Friend of mine worked as a prison guard and he said that he was told the first round was fired into the concrete in front do the buck shot bounced up into the legs, non lethal, but stops them. However, second round was fired chest high.

Friend of mine worked as a prison guard and he said that he was told the first round was fired into the concrete in front do the buck shot bounced up into the legs, non lethal, but stops them. However, second round was fired chest high.

That same method works to skip buckshot under cars that folks are hiding behind.

I’m not firing a shotgun in my hallway. I’m half deaf already. A pistol is much more manageable

That statement isn’t true for everyone. There are folks that are better with a shotgun than they are with a pistol.

I’m great with both, but of the two I’m gonna grab a shotgun for home use before a handgun. As always.......YMMV.

That statement isn’t true for everyone. There are folks that are better with a shotgun than they are with a pistol.

I’m great with both, but of the two I’m gonna grab a shotgun for home use before a handgun. As always.......YMMV.

Use whatever you are comfortable with. That is the most important thing. My only issue is a shotgun is slow , less powerful and harder to get a pinpoint accurate shot with.

plus you are less likely to have it on you and with you most times unless you are one of those special people who roll strapped 24/7 then that does not apply to you

Back
Top Bottom