• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Shotguns (esp. for Home Defense)

^^^THIS, Im not having a freaking firefight in my house, If I can't can't get it done with 15 rounds of shotgun with my wife with the pistol for backup Im having bigger problems. How many of you guys that keep saying Carbines for home defense have ACTUALLY shot at a moving target?

Like cmshoot cmshoot said, its easy to load 1 slug if you need to make a precision shot or shoot distance but IMO once the perp is outside of 30 yards from my house its no longer a HD situation.
Man, you guys are just no fun at all. :laser::rofl:

I'm just saying that THIS gun below (with the right kind of ammo) seems more useful in more "home defense" scenarios ...

View attachment 1790045

... than THIS kind, which is nonetheless way more popular.

View attachment 1790046
Why? I can see very few HD situations where you need 20 rounds of 308. 8 rounds of 12 ga and a back up hand gun I case of a firearm failure Wil be enough in the vast majority of HD applications.

like the author of that article, I am disappointed that 20 gauge buckshot rounds do not come in 00 shot size. The largest I can find now is #3 Buck, although 15 years ago I could find #2 buckshot in a 3 inch, 20 gauge shell.

A few years ago I tested penetration in my 20 bore #3 buckshot loads, shooting soft pine lumber in my backyard. The little .26 caliber lead balls only penetrated about 1.5 inches deep into the wood.
That was only 1/3 of the penetration my compact 9 mm pistol gave me.

like the author of that article, I am disappointed that 20 gauge buckshot rounds do not come in 00 shot size. The largest I can find now is #3 Buck, although 15 years ago I could find #2 buckshot in a 3 inch, 20 gauge shell.

A few years ago I tested penetration in my 20 bore #3 buckshot loads, shooting soft pine lumber in my backyard. The little .26 caliber lead balls only penetrated about 1.5 inches deep into the wood.
That was only 1/3 of the penetration my compact 9 mm pistol gave me.

I would be willing to bet that a load of 20ga # 3 to the chest at 5 yards is going to prove fatal, 9mm to the chest, well there are few fbi agents that are dead due to a 9mm not getting the job finished in due time..

FCD63F7F-6DE2-43EB-B3C1-292D88C7055F.png
Well slap my Bottom and Butter my Biscuit

So my Benelli is useless when I am pied off from my running target. Inside my house while bouncing shot of the deck.

Back
Top Bottom