• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Every hunting season do you site in your weapon of choice?

Absolutely, daddy gave us 2-3 rounds to make sure we could still hit bullseye. That was over 30 yr ago, of course. I haven't hunted in that long.

Interesting story though: I hunted w/ a 1951 Marlin 30-30 336 w/ a Simmons 3x9 on it, this started in 1982. The scope was mounted back in the 60's using clear nail polish. That rifle was bumped, knocked around and fell out of trees over the years. Never lost zero. About 5 or so years ago I wanted to remove the scope. I broke several allen wrenches and melted a couple of drill bits trying to get the screws out. Daddy finally took a grinder to the rings and got it off. I don't know what nail polish was made out of in the 60's, but that stuff don't let go.
Lol, i remember the crap my sisters used to take polish off with, prolly need a hazmat suit for it now.

Yes, 100%. I forced my buddies to zero their rifles last weekend and turns out all of their rifles were several inches off. The Lower the quality the scope the more you need to confirm zero as well.

I fire one round just to confirm zero at the start of every season. I owe it to the animal to insure a clean kill.

Back
Top Bottom