• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

ER nurse looking to buy masks/goggles

If anyone is interested I may be able to acquire a $1500 PAPR unit with batteries and charger and $200 worth of filters and a few hoods for $800. It was offered to me by a buddy in the chemical industry who had 2 but I can't use it b/c I can't bring it into work.

similar to this
iu

Double check, but there was a study released this week that 30 min at 158 degrees will sterilize an N95 mask and not hurt its effectivness.

Edit: updated the temperature.

What are the gong rates on an N95 mask? One of the companies I deal with (broker) out of China is offering them in unlimited quantity at $1.05 per, and my initial reaction was - GTFOH!!!!

I was thinking of letting my large National customers buy them, and then donate to their local hospital/emergency medical facilities.

But again, I think, without doing any research, that $1.05 per is absolutely price gouging.

I don't have any however if I did it would be no charge to you. I do frequent stores and have your list so I'll keep an eye out. Everyone on here could do that.

I'm a RN/Paramedic and having the same issues at work, we've resorted to taking the masks and spraying them with 91% alcohol and letting them dry between uses.....I can't give up the P99 masks I use in my shop to help ya since I'm using them for my staff as well right now.

The panic is retarded.

This is the one time in history that the human race can "save" itself by being lazy and watching TV all day.....and we're gonna **** that up.

Don't use alcohol!

https://utrf.tennessee.edu/informat...tion-sterilization-of-masks-against-covid-19/

However, charges are retained by exposing the masks in the hot air at elevated temperatures such as 70C for 30 minutes, which kills the coronavirus according to a report. But be sure to suspend the masks in the hot air without contacting or being too close to a metal surface because the metal temperature is much higher than that of the hot air leading to a severe charge decay or to the damage of the masks.

70c = 158 degrees F

What are the gong rates on an N95 mask? One of the companies I deal with (broker) out of China is offering them in unlimited quantity at $1.05 per, and my initial reaction was - GTFOH!!!!

I was thinking of letting my large National customers buy them, and then donate to their local hospital/emergency medical facilities.

But again, I think, without doing any research, that $1.05 per is absolutely price gouging.
That's a really good price right now, almost too good to be true. N95s were about $1-1.50 each by the box of 20 prior to all this, at retail. I would buy all the legit N95s I could find at $1 each, all day.

Back
Top Bottom