• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enough interest to hold an Ak build class.

Ok so here's what I've come up with. Class will be limited to 8 people. The class would be an advanced ak builder course covering barrel population, gas port drilling, receiver riveting, barrel installation, headspacing, furniture fitment, fire control group installation, function testing, live fire and range time for those who desire. Pretty much everything you need to know about taking a parts kit, barrel and receiver and putting them together. Class would start at 8am on a Saturday date still to be determined. We would provide lunch both days. We would conclude Saturday at 5. We would pick back up on Sunday until everyone is finished with their build and had their share of range time. You would need to buy the kit, barrel and tapco trigger or other us made trigger for 922 compliance. Most likely a Romanian 63 as they are not expensive, great quality parts and make fantastic guns. But still trying to get a group buy of parts down to save y'all some money. I will be supplying the receiver and everything else that might be needed such as rivets. I'd request that all the parts be directly mailed to me so I can go through them ahead of time to make sure no parts are missing and that you have everything you'll need to have a smooth build precess, learn alot and most importantly enjoy building something awesome. The class date is still to be determined but most likely would be this fall, Sept or Oct is what I'm currently thinking. If people enjoy it and there is interest I would be open to doing more and possibly other build classes if feasible and parts are available. Cost for the class would be 1000. I would need a 100 deposit to hold your position by a certain date, to be determined when we actually set a class date. The deposit is refundable if you have someone willing to replace your spot in the class. If you are interested and would like to get on the class list please send me a pm. I will make a list and discuss what class date would work best for everyone. Sign up will be a first come first serve. Again no deposit would be necessary until we have a date set. If you have questions please feel free to post here or directly reach out to me. My cell is posted below in my sig.

Trying to understand total cost. It would be cost of the build kit/firearm parts (whatever that is) plus $1000 for the class itself. Any other materials/supplies fees?

That is correct, I'd be covering receiver cost which would be Childers receivers but with my company info discreetly engraved instead of Childers, I'd be covering rivets and all other small things that might be needed.

I've been calling around trying to determine prices trying to get a better deal on kits. As of now I can get Romanian kits + barrels threaded but no gas port or handguard retainer for 607+shipping/tax So total cost would be 1607+ whatever they charge for shipping and tax + an ak trigger of your choice. No binarys please, they work like garbage in the Aks imo. So total cost to any student should be less than 1700 total. What you get is the knowledge how to build an ak the professional way + we will go over how to do things on a home build level to get the best quality results and at the end of it all you get an awesome ak.

Honestly, that's not a bad deal considering the class size and hands on expertise. Everyone reading this understands it's not like putting an AR together in your garage, this takes skill and knowledge.

Honestly, that's not a bad deal considering the class size and hands on expertise. Everyone reading this understands it's not like putting an AR together in your garage, this takes skill and knowledge.

Appreciate it. A lot of these skills transfer over to many other firearm builds, cetme/ HK pattern, Galils, FAL and plenty more. For the amount of work, duplicate equipment I'll need to get and time that would go into the class I would make more money not holding a class and just spending that time making guns. But I think a class would be fun, and there isn't really the option to do this kinda thing anywhere else. The class cost is really the cheapest I can make it and it still be worth doing. I'm hoping to get kit cost down more but idk if that'll be do able or not.

I tentatively plan for the class to be October 9-10. There are 8 spots available first come first serve. I have gotten the receivers worked out, they will be Childers receivers but will have Visionary Firearms engraved on them in front of the magwell, we will match receiver serial number to trunnion number. I think the Romanian kits + threaded barrel from Arms of America is the best deal currently. https://armsofamerica.com/romanian-mod-63-ak47-parts-kit/
Barrel- https://armsofamerica.com/fb-chrome-lined-sporter-barrel/ Threaded only
I can get 5 % off on the kits and barrels but everyone in the class would have to agree for me to order the kits as a batch. I'd also need everyone's kit costs up front. IDK if 5% is worth the headache of trying to get everyone together on a group buy.
I'm going to start sign up for the class now so if you want in pm me, text or call me 770 823 8890

Back
Top Bottom