• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enough interest to hold an Ak build class.

I'm thinking of either going two different directions and demand would be the driving factor. Could do both but either thinking of doing a one day class where I already have everything pressed and pinned on the barrel and headspaced but just needs to be pushed into the trunnion, trunnions need to be riveted and stock/fcg installed. Kinda a beginner course or a more advanced course where where we do everything from scratch and I teach you how to headspace press on all the parts, drill the gas port handguard retainer ect ect. The advanced course would be two days in sure. And of course cost more but after that you should have a good understanding how to do everything. Not sure on a cost figure yet, need to sit down and make sure it's feasible in the amount of space I have. Would need to get some work stations set up and such. So would most want a basic course or a more advanced course?

I could definitely do a galil course or 74 course. Issue there is most don't have a 74 kit and unless you already have all the Galil parts good luck finding a barrel right now. Anyone interested in a one on one class and don't mind dropping the money for my time I'd be happy to teach you.

A galil class would be lots of fun, I use the mill a decent bit on the Galil to cut the handguard retainer, cut the extractor slot in the barrel and to fit the top cover, probably wouldn't want to dive into detail how to do that kinda stuff since most don't have a mill but maybe explain how you can do it on a more economical way but just takes much longer.

But yeah I'd there's enough interest and enough parts availability for everyone to be doing the same thing is be happy to do a class on it.

Y'all get 6 people who all have the same 74 kit and barrel then I'll host a 74 class. But I just don't see that many people having the same kits.
might have to wait for the circle 10 kits to start flowing for that

Either way id be interested in a 47 course in the mean time. Should i grab up a spare childers?

might have to wait for the circle 10 kits to start flowing for that

Either way id be interested in a 47 course in the mean time. Should i grab up a spare childers?

Nah I'd supply the receiver. Still working the details out. Will post my thoughts a little later today on what I'm thinking. But I believe I could do a class of 8 comfortably and knock out an advanced course where I teach everything in a two day weekend. Would be all day 8-5 both days most likely. With some range time at the end of course.

I already have the galil and 74 kit, just need barrels, a galil receiver, and a few other bits and pieces but if you would need to do a one on one for that situation I understand

Back
Top Bottom