• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Enfield Number 5 Mark 1

That's a nice one. As stated earlier, wartime production (Fazackerley) with wartime stock. Offhand, I'd say the stock has had a light sanding at some point in its life.
I've had quite a few No 5's, and have always heard about the infamous 'wandering zero', however every example I shot had excellent accuracy...I tend to go along with the claims that the British Army wanted to get the L1A1 in their soldiers hands quickly, and that the WZ was simply the excuse to make it happen.

That's a nice one. As stated earlier, wartime production (Fazackerley) with wartime stock. Offhand, I'd say the stock has had a light sanding at some point in its life.
I've had quite a few No 5's, and have always heard about the infamous 'wandering zero', however every example I shot had excellent accuracy...I tend to go along with the claims that the British Army wanted to get the L1A1 in their soldiers hands quickly, and that the WZ was simply the excuse to make it happen.
What sort of accuracy were you getting at 50 and 100? I’ve only shot some PPU through mine to verify function and was getting about a 4” group at 50 yards.

I realize there are a lot of variables that come into play and I’ve barely touched on eliminating them, I’m just curious as to what I might be able to expect if I can find the right combo.

Back
Top Bottom