• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EMT School

mtn-marine

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
17   0
Reaction score
Thinking about making a career change. I've always been interested in becoming and EMT or paramedic and have decided to really look into it. Any info from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Depends what part of the country you want to live in. Level-3 certification is a must, and spending time volunteering along the way gets you experience and a foot in the door.

I think the best job in the world is an EMT for Alyeska pipeline company in Alaska. They meet OSHA for remote work sites and kill 2 birds by having armed EMT-3s on their choppers doing double duty as security for their pump stations.....and the pay is fantastic.

Depends what part of the country you want to live in. Level-3 certification is a must, and spending time volunteering along the way gets you experience and a foot in the door.

I think the best job in the world is an EMT for Alyeska pipeline company in Alaska. They meet OSHA for remote work sites and kill 2 birds by having armed EMT-3s on their choppers doing double duty as security for their pump stations.....and the pay is fantastic.
Looking to stay in the metro atl area. If I wasn't married with kids I would have been in Alaska years ago.

Pay sucks....but, if its what you really wanna do go for it....you do alot of work, without alot in return....nothing like it is on TV.....I've been through EMT-I school which in Ga, is getting faded out in place of EMT-A....my cert. lapsed due to alot going on at the time....I'm going back next year when I have more money up....it's all I've ever wanted to do...

Last edited:
I've been a medic for 22 years, an EMT for 3 years before that. I don't know what you do now, but it's like nothing else. It's a thankless job, money sucks for the risk involved. It changes you for sure. Don't get sucked into the non-emergency stuff, it's not EMS. Feel free to PM me, I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Back
Top Bottom