• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Emissions question

The Bandit

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
112   0
Reaction score
Ok so this could technically go in the automotive section or the law section but its here till a MOD decides otherwise! ok my question is, is there some sort of law that states if your car does not pass emissions and you attempt to get it repaired and it still doesnt pass, that no matter what you cannot be cited for an expired tag as long as its been tested in the last like 30 days or something? Situation was my mom was pulled over and shes been having issues and every time she tries to get it repaired, it still wont pass. shes on SSI so she tries every month but cant afford more. iv tried to help but still nothings working. She keeps claiming there is some sort of law regarding this and i dont think there is so im just wondering if any of you awesome people know. shes pissed because she has all these volunteer bumper stickers on her car and a Jesus fish and thinks she shouldnt of been ticketed......stupid i know but iv already been through that argument. just kinda curious though as i couldnt find anything on my own.

She might qualify for this:
In order to qualify for a Senior Exemption, you must meet the following requirements:

You are 65 years of age.
Your vehicle is 10 model years old or older. For 2012, this includes all 2002 and older model year vehicles.
You do not drive over 5,000 miles per year. The vehicle's odometer must be in working condition.
You are the primary registered vehicle owner (your name is the first listed on the vehicle title/registration).

When applying for a Senior Exemption, provide the following documents. Additional information may be required in order to process the Senior Exemption. Please note that GCAF only accepts documentation in English; documents in other languages will not be accepted.

Proof of age. Examples include a copy of your driver's license or birth certificate.
Proof of ownership, which can be one of the following: last years tag receipt, this year's registration renewal notice, or the Georgia title.
Completed Senior Exemption Application.

Or http://www.cleanairforce.com/motorists/repairwaivers.php

Either might get it taken care of, but may not since she was already hit for it without a waiver approved at the time.

I thought you had to show reciepts stating you spent $300 to repair the problem.
And if it didnt pass after that,you were exempt till next year?

unfortunately the senior exemption doesnt apply as shes wont be one for over a decade..... she was declared disabled so thats where the ssi comes in. i am looking at the exemptions though and we might be able to get around it with the repair waiver....... shes already spent like $400 over the last few months and it just keeps piling up. car runs fine, just hates the environment i guess lol

Back
Top Bottom