• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Egg thief shot

I have also eaten rattlesnake. It was cut into hunks like polish sausage and fried. I put some cayenne pepper sauce on it. It was very tasty. Thanks.

I make a meaannnn fried chicken and was frying some rattlesnake for some buddies. Wife came home thinking it was chicken I was frying. She tore into it like after church sunday dinner. After about 3 pieces she commented about how good the chicken was and asked if I had done something different. I said yeah, changed the meat to rattlesnake. She told me to kill everyone of them I see and fill the freezer.

I make a meaannnn fried chicken and was frying some rattlesnake for some buddies. Wife came home thinking it was chicken I was frying. She tore into it like after church sunday dinner. After about 3 pieces she commented about how good the chicken was and asked if I had done something different. I said yeah, changed the meat to rattlesnake. She told me to kill everyone of them I see and fill the freezer.
That's what I'm talking about. LOL. Thanks.

We bought a dozen guineas and we have one left. His name is chicken. Ours got knocked off one by one by whatever. Last one that got got I found laying dead next to huge hawk, head ripped off. Anyway, they don't kill the snaked they just make all kinds of racket and point them out. They may, but mine didn't kill anything anyway.
We're getting more guineas. They are fun to watch.
Guineas are definitely cool and unique birds and we love ours. They don’t kill snakes like you mentioned, but they can harass them enough that they leave and they do a good job of keeping snakes away from our poultry. We may have keets for sale sometime soon if you are interested.

Hope the OP does not mind if I ask a snake question here. If so, I will delete it. Last night just at dark I encountered a 3 foot long, round-headed black snake with yellow patches slithering by my feet toward some bushes along my sidewalk. He then proceeded to climb up into the bushes and settle down for the night. I did not have time or enough light to take a picture of him. I did not bother him then nor check on him this morning at 6 o'clock while still dark. With the round head, I presume he is non-poisonous, although I feel certain a bite by him would not feel nice. I realize I can Google my curiosity, but I also figured some of you now exactly what I encountered and might enlighten me. Thanks.

Hope the OP does not mind if I ask a snake question here. If so, I will delete it. Last night just at dark I encountered a 3 foot long, round-headed black snake with yellow patches slithering by my feet toward some bushes along my sidewalk. He then proceeded to climb up into the bushes and settle down for the night. I did not have time or enough light to take a picture of him. I did not bother him then nor check on him this morning at 6 o'clock while still dark. With the round head, I presume he is non-poisonous, although I feel certain a bite by him would not feel nice. I realize I can Google my curiosity, but I also figured some of you now exactly what I encountered and might enlighten me. Thanks.
Bush Snake

Sounds logical to me. Or possibly a king snake ?. Thanks.
coral-snake03.jpg

Believe it or not, it looked more like this than a kingsnake. This is a coral snake. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom