• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Egg thief shot

Possible but expensive.

The pre made coups I looked we had chicken wire bottoms to prevent stuff from getting in and latched access doors. Is the bottoms being like that usual? I’m not too familiar and just slowly getting into self sufficiency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The pre made coups I looked we had chicken wire bottoms to prevent stuff from getting in and latched access doors. Is the bottoms being like that usual? I’m not too familiar and just slowly getting into self sufficiency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snakes go through chicken wire like it isn't there.

You need 1/4 inch hardware cloth. You will want a large coup, and that means a lot of hardware cloth.

That’s a good’un - I’d love to have been able to relocate that one to the farm in North Carolina

The bigger the better - Keeps rodents and other snakes in check - The problem is after a while they will move on when they have depleted the resources - I used to catch them all over the valley and bring them home to the barns

But then my family quit raising chickens and rabbits decades ago so there is no down side

Bigger is better because they don’t hide so well - Happy finding them among the hay bales and equipment knowing that you probably won’t be finding anything else - And they just move along

Were thinking about getting chickens and this will pose a moral conundrum for me. I only kill venomous snakes but I'm not protecting my livestock from them either. I like seeing rat snakes around the farm but I assume its inevitable that they will come for the chicken coop. Is this a regular thing or just an odd one that found a honey hole? I mean, if I get a chicken coop will I just have to start genociding all my snakes? King snakes will be my biggest problem as it's just been preached to me my whole life that king snakes are my friends.

Get yourself a vinyl shed, cut some holes for vents, and add an electric chicken door. You will not have a snake problem. They'll let you know in the day time if a snake shows up.

How many people ever killed a white snake on here?
Capture+_2020-05-25-19-23-30-1.png

Back
Top Bottom