• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EFI Swap

Well, it's been a loooong time coming. Life has thrown me my fair share of curve balls since I received all the parts to do this and I was finally able to do the install last weekend and followed up with the initial crank Mon evening. Install was simple and straight forward and it cranked on the first try. I have a few non EFI related issues I discovered on that initial run that I need to address before cranking it again and going through the initial tweaks (thermostat stuck closed so it tried to run hot and the fuel pump blanking plate I got was apparently the wrong one because it was leaking pretty bad). I should have time this coming weekend to address those two issues, finish routing the wires and tucking them neatly away and going through a few cycles with the system. Stay tuned and I will give more updates as I progress.

cool man, hope you get the bugs worked out.
I learned my lesson the hard way with electric pumps .
no matter what type I bought I always had issues until I ran a return.
seems they all burned out prematurely until I got an in tank pump with a return.

I really, really , really want to put a fuel injection set up on my ‘Cuda but it has been running fine once a friend worked some magic in my 1000 CFM Holley.
the in tank pump helps a lot but the return is what really made the difference for me.

We installed a sniper on a 65 Falcon

it was easy and it runs great.
Now it cranks right up after sitting for weeks.
We used a return line , I can check for the part number but it was a “nut-sert “ type .

we removed the tank, washed it out .
Filled the tank with nitrogen while we drilled the hole , had a fire extinguisher handy etc , but had zero issues ,
I was nervous since I’d never drilled a hole in a gas tank before , but got it done and it runs great.

Attachments

• D86EB7B1-D1C9-4D88-99D7-87145D8A451A.jpeg
    D86EB7B1-D1C9-4D88-99D7-87145D8A451A.jpeg
    376.3 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom