• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me!

You make very good points. I never thought about when you go to sell. I figure I’m not involved and don’t want to be at this point. It would be easy to buy and sit on it, but when you need to sell it you may get bent over as some people have mentioned.
Kman...while what you say is true....one cannot be afraid to buy something due to the thought that it may be worth less later...I could say the same about knives, guns, ammo and the such...to be afraid to buy something just because it may not be worth as much when you go to sell it...well, that's a bit on the "short side" at least to me it is....from where I'm at, I don't buy silver with the idea of selling it for a profit, so maybe that's why I'm coming at this from a different side...In my world...I'm a buyer to put it up....many here don't believe in that, and that's what makes the world go round, I do...I'm going to keep what I buy, just like I'm going to keep the guns that I buy.....my thoughts are...buy a little each month, and put it up....if others don't believe that way, more power to them, that's cool...we all have our own ideas about how we save for the future....buying a little silver is a part of what I do...a small part, BUT a part none the less....and hay if we get the SHTF...I may, along with some guns & bullets, have something to barter with, who knows

Kman...while what you say is true....one cannot be afraid to buy something due to the thought that it may be worth less later...I could say the same about knives, guns, ammo and the such...to be afraid to buy something just because it may not be worth as much when you go to sell it...well, that's a bit on the "short side" at least to me it is....from where I'm at, I don't buy silver with the idea of selling it for a profit, so maybe that's why I'm coming at this from a different side...In my world...I'm a buyer to put it up....many here don't believe in that, and that's what makes the world go round, I do...I'm going to keep what I buy, just like I'm going to keep the guns that I buy.....my thoughts are...buy a little each month, and put it up....if others don't believe that way, more power to them, that's cool...we all have our own ideas about how we save for the future....buying a little silver is a part of what I do...a small part, BUT a part none the less....and hay if we get the SHTF...I may, along with some guns & bullets, have something to barter with, who knows
I think I have owned and shot every handgun there is. It's fun and I am happy to break even.
I was in the right place buying silver and gold 2002 thru 2011.
I sold out and paid my home off.
But now it's a dealers world.
The time I was in it there was a lot of hobbies dealers just in it for fun and make a little profit to cover their time.
When SHTF don't want your money gold or silver. I want Food, ammo,guns, water. Mostly food and water.
Plus those SOB Chinese are making countrfite silver and gold by the ton. It is difficult to tell if it is real. A pawn shop sold to a melter that told them they had been taken. The only way to know if the excellent Chinese fake coins are fake is to destroy them and see the content. They didn't catch the guys that were selling the counterfeit jewelry and coins. It was on the news about 6 months ago.

correct....I should have mentioned long term food, which I also buy from time to time as well....that's starting to stack up...BUT it's not my problem...it will be my sons problem...Ha..Ha

Back
Top Bottom