• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me!

SPOT is the cost...buying, or selling of natural/unmolded silver....to get into a coin, many things have to occur....these things that occur cost money....desirability also raises the price....quantiles, which lead to desirability will call for many folks to pay more....look at Mexican Libertaids….they always bring more than Eagles...there is not a way, that I know of, to buy silver at spot....you simply do not have the buying power, and, if you did, you would have something, more than likely, that no one would want...therefore you buy bars, eagles, Libertads….or whatever you choose....to think that a mint, such as the US mint, would buy at spot, convert the silver into "slabs" then produce a coin, and sell it to you at "spot" would be unrealistic....

Gold now is not as good of investment. It is still underpriced, but not as much as silver.
View attachment 3232806

I am not a financial advisor!
what about platinum? im thinking it is the best purchase out of all to be honest

i love silver and i love gold though. i got more silver than gold, if silver becomes $50 per troy ounce and gold stays at or under 2K i will swap silver for gold at that point and feel confident about it

platinum im a straight stacker on though for the time being

This is not some alarmist deep state conspiracy theory thingy, but some facts.

A couple years back I worked on a couple of projects that involved some of the major world banks, and their global investments across several types of investment.

First, and this is something you can take to the bank, these huge multinational banks don't really have a "home" country, They sort of exist in a world to themselves. They are actually too big for the gov't to regulate. Take Citibank for example, it is actually a dozen of so entities spread across the globe that trades in every commodity ans stock there is.

Most of these trades never show up in the "market" because they are institution to institution, and not through some exchange or brokerage.

So back to the "spot" price. You will never know exactly what it is, because it is constantly moving. Further unless you are dealing in 100,000 of ounces, you won't have access to buy at spot. It doesn't matter you want to buy, you are going to some premium, because an institution has already purchased it, or purchased the rights to it, and is basically front running you.

This should tell you something - the hottest degrees for jobs in banking and trading houses aren't MBA or business degrees, they are astrophysicists and math degrees in chaos theory, because modern investment is about predicting the bechavior of large number of very small numbers, and not so much about underlying business fundamentals.

what about platinum? im thinking it is the best purchase out of all to be honest

i love silver and i love gold though. i got more silver than gold, if silver becomes $50 per troy ounce and gold stays at or under 2K i will swap silver for gold at that point and feel confident about it

platinum im a straight stacker on though for the time being
Platinum is undervalued and has room to grow. My hesitation with investing in platinum is that its primary use is industrial, not jewelry, or historically, money. I do not think it will be as widely accepted as means of exchange as gold and silver would be.

Gold now is not as good of investment. It is still underpriced, but not as much as silver.
View attachment 3232806

I am not a financial advisor!
One should not own physical gold or silver for investment, per se. It is an asset that has no political or counter party risk and a 6000 year history of being good money. Fiat currencies always fail, usually after about 45-50 years or so. The perceived value of gold has never failed although what one ounce of gold will buy varies with the circumstances, it has never failed.

Paper, or rather cyber based investments that use leverage and can be traded in or out of with a keystroke is the way to increase the number of fiat scoots one owns.

With gold and silver, you have a prayer, fiat currency, nothing but air.

One should not own physical gold or silver for investment, per se. It is an asset that has no political or counter party risk and a 6000 year history of being good money. Fiat currencies always fail, usually after about 45-50 years or so. The perceived value of gold has never failed although what one ounce of gold will buy varies with the circumstances, it has never failed.

Paper, or rather cyber based investments that use leverage and can be traded in or out of with a keystroke is the way to increase the number of fiat scoots one owns.

With gold and silver, you have a prayer, fiat currency, nothing but air.
Then again there is the caveat/motto that I've long contended. The very basic 22LR may well become the new 4-bits - dollar of the future...

Platinum is undervalued and has room to grow. My hesitation with investing in platinum is that its primary use is industrial, not jewelry, or historically, money. I do not think it will be as widely accepted as means of exchange as gold and silver would be.
what he said!!

The person that's making a killing and laughing all the way to the bank is the dealers. For making 20% on Silver if the price goes up they make 20% if the price goes down by making 20%. If the price drops 40 or 50% they just sit on their inventory until it goes up or they just process it at a price that they regardless of spot price. So the example at the original poster put up about I'll give you $1,300 and you give me a thousand is exactly right. You're holding your thousand and hoping it's going to go to 2000. But it's actually 1800 because they're going to buy it back at least 10% below spot. So if you want to make money in silver and gold become a dealer and hire an actor to tell you you need to buy gold and silver.
I was fortunate to be between jobs and I have a year severance in 2009 and I was able to buy silver at or below spot. I was able to buy below spot I take an ad out on Craigslist. A friend of mine said if you write the ad like this buying silver and paying cash. Will pay 8 *x facedface. I will buy your hundred dollars worth of silver for $800. And dealers were selling silver at spot I was able to buy spot silver at $12 an ounce from dealers multiplying .712 time silver price. At that time dealers were saying I would rather sell it to you Van Gogh food packing it up and selling it to the melter it's much easier. But now they realize sit on your silver and sell it at 30% above spot and buy at 10% below spot. If they're turning $10,000 a week at 30% per week. That's not 30% per year what's 30% x52 weeks. That's over fifteen hundred percent per year. So now you're making $150,000 for every 10000 you invest.
I used to be a sales rep selling tobacco and the buyer said the owner of the company only make 6% off of his money. I said you're looking at this completely wrong he's not making 6% per year as it's making you believe. I said how many times do you turn my product? He said I order your product every week or every other week. I said so he makes 6% off of his money that he turns every week. At 6% * 52 turns.
So he's making 350% off of his money. Not 6%. That's why he has a Maserati some days and some days he drives a Bentley. He lives in a mansion in Buckhead and he owns for lumber yards and 25 Arby's. And you make $50,000 a year. And the reason you don't ask you for a raise is because he tells you he makes 6%. But you have to multiply that times 6% every week in 52 weeks. But he tells you I can't give you a raise because I only make 6%. I used to work for one of your competitors and I was one of the top salesman and they cut our commission by 30% so I quit. But that company we're selling over 3 million dollars during the summer per week and in the winter they were selling about 1.8 to 2 million per week. And they said they had to make a minimum a five and a half percent. My fault not figuring that they were making a minimum of five and a half percent times 52 weeks.
I didn't see the big picture. And if you look at the big picture and you want to make money and gold silver you need to get you a motor and brick building and sell and buy silver and gold.
The price is not important as long as you're making 30% and you're able to turn 10000 into 150000.
So the investor is getting his ass kicked. If silver goes down to $15 you won't be able to buy it but if it goes up to a hundred you're going to be paying 130 an ounce and if it goes up to 150 an ounce you will sell 10% below spot.
And look at Silver and Gold how long do they stay at the top of a price hi. It goes up fast and it comes down fast. I made my money in 2012. And now the dealers have gotten smart and they're the ones making the money.

O.K....i'll give you what you say....I think that most of the folks here simply want to own some gold and silver....what you say is correct, however I'm just not sold(no pun) on the fact that the folks here want to become "day traders" in silver or gold....more on the buy below spot thing...while that is possible, if folks are stupid enough to sell at a price below spot, however if/when you go out, and throw down 150k into a silver buy at "below spot", then the price of silver falls....your going to own it till you can get out from under it at a profit....pretty risky....BUT...that's part of the game.....UCO...you can check that out, it's an oil etf….had a friend that "dabbled" in that.....made a bunch of money, then oil crashed during the COVID thing...he chased it down, throwing more and more money into it...."it's got to go up"....well, it didn't, and he lost his ass...the way you have explained it, or the way I have understood it....i'm not sure that's a game many here, would want to play

The person that's making a killing and laughing all the way to the bank is the dealers. For making 20% on Silver if the price goes up they make 20% if the price goes down by making 20%. If the price drops 40 or 50% they just sit on their inventory until it goes up or they just process it at a price that they regardless of spot price. So the example at the original poster put up about I'll give you $1,300 and you give me a thousand is exactly right. You're holding your thousand and hoping it's going to go to 2000. But it's actually 1800 because they're going to buy it back at least 10% below spot. So if you want to make money in silver and gold become a dealer and hire an actor to tell you you need to buy gold and silver.
I was fortunate to be between jobs and I have a year severance in 2009 and I was able to buy silver at or below spot. I was able to buy below spot I take an ad out on Craigslist. A friend of mine said if you write the ad like this buying silver and paying cash. Will pay 8 *x facedface. I will buy your hundred dollars worth of silver for $800. And dealers were selling silver at spot I was able to buy spot silver at $12 an ounce from dealers multiplying .712 time silver price. At that time dealers were saying I would rather sell it to you Van Gogh food packing it up and selling it to the melter it's much easier. But now they realize sit on your silver and sell it at 30% above spot and buy at 10% below spot. If they're turning $10,000 a week at 30% per week. That's not 30% per year what's 30% x52 weeks. That's over fifteen hundred percent per year. So now you're making $150,000 for every 10000 you invest.
I used to be a sales rep selling tobacco and the buyer said the owner of the company only make 6% off of his money. I said you're looking at this completely wrong he's not making 6% per year as it's making you believe. I said how many times do you turn my product? He said I order your product every week or every other week. I said so he makes 6% off of his money that he turns every week. At 6% * 52 turns.
So he's making 350% off of his money. Not 6%. That's why he has a Maserati some days and some days he drives a Bentley. He lives in a mansion in Buckhead and he owns for lumber yards and 25 Arby's. And you make $50,000 a year. And the reason you don't ask you for a raise is because he tells you he makes 6%. But you have to multiply that times 6% every week in 52 weeks. But he tells you I can't give you a raise because I only make 6%. I used to work for one of your competitors and I was one of the top salesman and they cut our commission by 30% so I quit. But that company we're selling over 3 million dollars during the summer per week and in the winter they were selling about 1.8 to 2 million per week. And they said they had to make a minimum a five and a half percent. My fault not figuring that they were making a minimum of five and a half percent times 52 weeks.
I didn't see the big picture. And if you look at the big picture and you want to make money and gold silver you need to get you a motor and brick building and sell and buy silver and gold.
The price is not important as long as you're making 30% and you're able to turn 10000 into 150000.
So the investor is getting his ass kicked. If silver goes down to $15 you won't be able to buy it but if it goes up to a hundred you're going to be paying 130 an ounce and if it goes up to 150 an ounce you will sell 10% below spot.
And look at Silver and Gold how long do they stay at the top of a price hi. It goes up fast and it comes down fast. I made my money in 2012. And now the dealers have gotten smart and they're the ones making the money.

You make very good points. I never thought about when you go to sell. I figure I’m not involved and don’t want to be at this point. It would be easy to buy and sit on it, but when you need to sell it you may get bent over as some people have mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom