• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Educate me!

I don’t buy precious metals, bars, coins etc. I’ve thought about it, but either the ODT is full of retards selling it, or I’m the retard. So if silver has a spot price of $25 per ounce, why would I pay $30 per ounce? In my mind it would be the same as me offering to give you $1300 and you give me $1000 back. Why would anyone pay $1300 for $1000 worth of anything. I’m not referencing future value, just what you can get for it today. So am I missing something other than speculation?
Spot price is the "paper" price that those who deal in commodity trades pay for the various market-instruments available, i.e. futures, options, shorts, etc.

The price for physical silver, i.e. coins, bars, etc, i.e. something you can touch or hold in your hand, whether bought or sold through a dealer or private party, is governed by supply and demand.

It changes every time a trader places a bid. With computer trading, it could be several times a minute.
PS: an ETF or Exchange Traded Fund is similar to a mutual fund except that you can trade out of it at any time of the day or night. Mutual funds, usually purchased for long term, settle on the "close" price at the end of the trading day and often take 2 days to get your fiat currency freed up.

No real way of knowing if you get a good deal im guessing
Is there a way to know in the stock market if it is a good deal?
Go to JMBullion.com and watch the rate change during the day. 4 years ago you could buy silver at $1 over spot, when it was on sale. Now it is a good deal when plain bullion is less than $5 over spot.
Next fall it will be a great deal when it is less than $7 over spot. So what?
Real silver price is $100 to $500 per troy ounce. Eventually it will get there.

Compare to 2012 silver is a great buy at any price now. Especially when you remember that in the past year we printed 4x more paper currency than in all of prior USA history COMBINED!
Screenshot_20210424-110907.png

Back
Top Bottom