• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

edquite when encountering a or riding up on a bike gang

Status
Not open for further replies.
lot of you guys talk about little man syndrome, gonna give middle fingers , gonna do this gonna do that, If you wanna grab a bull by its horns , have at it !! F""'n with a buncha bikers with bad attitudes , just not worth the trouble . If you want respect you give respect. If your looking for a fight , some M/C will ablige you.

what is disrespectful about trying to get around a group of bike riders and go about your business?

lot of you guys talk about little man syndrome, gonna give middle fingers , gonna do this gonna do that, If you wanna grab a bull by its horns , have at it !! F""'n with a buncha bikers with bad attitudes , just not worth the trouble . If you want respect you give respect. If your looking for a fight , some M/C will ablige you.

Respect is not the proper word in this context. The word is courtesy.

If you indicate that you would like to change lanes, I will move out of your way and I expect the same. If you are moving slower than traffic, be courteous and move right.

I noticed you didn't say just one. As mentioned previously, a lot of these bikers who want to act tough are actually cowards unless they have you outnumbered.

I'm not about to put up with stupid **** because it's "not worth the trouble". They only think they are special and can get away with dumb **** while riding because most people think it's not worth the trouble.
Respect is not swerving to stop a pass because your scooter gang doing 40 and holding me up. Goes both ways, treat me like **** don't expect anything different.

Respect is not the proper word in this context. The word is courtesy.

If you indicate that you would like to change lanes, I will move out of your way and I expect the same. If you are moving slower than traffic, be courteous and move right.

BOOOOOOM! Problem solved. If I see a blinker (which is a rare event in Atlanta), I am happy to let someone get over, even if I have to tap the brakes. If everyone on the road wants to go faster than me, I get in the right lane, put it on cruise, and let them go around if they so choose. Courtesy on the highways is a huge promoter of efficiency, things just work better when people get along; likewise, needless idiocy like that described by the OP (as well as folks getting on the freeway with .0003 gallons of gas in the tank, folks tailgating and cutting other drivers off, cab drivers doing all their stupid crap, etc) has the potential to seriously detract from efficiency. Example: if a biker gang (3 patch, 1% or otherwise) blocks the path of a surgeon on his way to the hospital for an emergency surgery on a trauma patient, and the trauma patient dies waiting, 1) the patient loses his life; 2) the doctor loses the billing; and 3) the MC doesn't gain anything objectively valuable.

Honestly, if people would just fully internalize the proposition that they are not the only one on the road, this city would be significantly more livable. Whether they are an outlaw biker, a distracted teenager putting on makeup and texting, or one of those "baby on board" people who drive like kamikaze pilots, people who create problems on the roads are selfish.

The roads, including the interstate system, are the one public resource that substantially ALL of us use; accordingly, they are the one public resource where tragedy of the commons has the greatest effect on overall efficiency. Drivers of every stripe need to realize this and start acting like adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom