• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Edge repair?

Bluutick

Default rank <15 posts
Outdoorsman
19   0
Reaction score
Can this point/edge be repaired? I've thought of filing back to shape, then re-sharpening.
B7E73DC2-982C-4CED-9D5C-0C6DF14BB8C4.jpeg

I'm sure you can guess i'm not a knife mechanic.

Can this point/edge be repaired? I've thought of filing back to shape, then re-sharpening.
View attachment 3050592
I'm sure you can guess i'm not a knife mechanic.

yes it can. I just did one for my BIL 2 weeks ago. I think yours is a Blackie Collins dagger? If so, he was a well known knife maker and died in 2011. If that’s the case, I would try and have it done professionally. The one I did was worth maybe $30.00.

I run from Carrollton to Cartersville. What do y’all think of the Ken Onion work sharp setup? I loved a good stone, but that was many years ago when I could zone out on it. Time goes other places nowadays, and I have lots of dull stuff.

I run from Carrollton to Cartersville. What do y’all think of the Ken Onion work sharp setup? I loved a good stone, but that was many years ago when I could zone out on it. Time goes other places nowadays, and I have lots of dull stuff.

Not going to get that tip back in shape and pointy. When you are in Cartersville which way do you head back to Carrollton? I'm down in Acworth a couple of miles from Cabela's on I-75. Could dress that up in a couple of minutes.

PM me if your interested.

Back
Top Bottom