• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

EBike’s and hunting

rutman

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
Who on here is using an Ebike to get you to the stand and back? A lot more people are utilizing them, especially on public land to get away from the crowds. Just wondering what kind of bike that you’re riding and your opinions on which ones are the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look nice but definitely seems like it would be cumbersome at best. If you had a successful hunt now your making two trips. I actually walked past a guy on his bike this year, had a strap off his stand get hunt in the rear sprocket. I had a friend let me try his Kifaru backpack this year and I ended up with on shortly after. You can tote a gutted doe in these packs comfortably and they are extremely modular. It is hands down one of the top two hunting pieces ive purchased. The other being a saddle and they go together like a bow and an arrow. This may not be the setup for you but its hard to beat simple and proven for me.

I strongly considered an E bike setup but have since changed my mind. Only hunt public and after racking my mind about it over and over for months, I feel the E bike would be just something else to deal with. I saddle hunt already so my climbing gear is minimum. I plan on going with a pack frame like an Eberlestock or a Kifaru this season and packing deer out. Also the $750+ cost of buying the bike sure can buy a lot of hunting gear or even access to private land.
The big concern I had, was riding out a few miles from my truck only to have a mechanical issue with the bike. If I cant physically hike in and out myself, no way would I want to deal with hauling the bike out too. Plus, a vast majority of places I like to hunt would be a nightmare on getting a bike in and out at times.

Love mine! I choose it over the fourwheeler or golfcart now! Mine is a surly pugsley bike with a bafeng BBSHD kit it’ll run 40 mph and pull me up some super steep hills!
0FF9D6FB-CD92-4264-B85B-3E24BC858B8B.jpeg
950821B2-33D5-4898-A2E9-D414D6C72B58.jpeg

They look nice but definitely seems like it would be cumbersome at best. If you had a successful hunt now your making two trips. I actually walked past a guy on his bike this year, had a strap off his stand get hunt in the rear sprocket. I had a friend let me try his Kifaru backpack this year and I ended up with on shortly after. You can tote a gutted doe in these packs comfortably and they are extremely modular. It is hands down one of the top two hunting pieces ive purchased. The other being a saddle and they go together like a bow and an arrow. This may not be the setup for you but its hard to beat simple and proven for me.
Any pictures of the pack?

Any pictures of the pack?
https://kifaru.net/store/packs/day-packs/stryker-cargo-panel-bag-only/

The frame and the bag are purchased separately, you need to take a few measurements to see which style frame will fit you and then find whichever bag will work best for you. I like the stryker for whitetail hunting for a day. Its one of their smaller packs but you can purchase guide lids and all sorts of stuff to add to it if you wanted to go overnight. Or just buy another one of their bags and swap them out as needed. I couldnt be happier with mine.

Love mine! I choose it over the fourwheeler or golfcart now! Mine is a surly pugsley bike with a bafeng BBSHD kit it’ll run 40 mph and pull me up some super steep hills!View attachment 3061412View attachment 3061416
Nice rig. What size motor did you get? I’d like one mostly for scouting in the off season. I generally go about 12 miles or so on my single speed Mtn bike. An E-bike would definitely increase my scouting range
32319A97-604C-41CF-83D8-A6AAFB707495.jpeg

Nice rig. What size motor did you get? I’d like one mostly for scouting in the off season. I generally go about 12 miles or so on my single speed Mtn bike. An E-bike would definitely increase my scouting range View attachment 3062422
I got the BBSHD kit from bafeng its a 750w center drive motor that you can have "hot rodded" to make a 1000w Check out lunacycle.com

Back
Top Bottom