• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

easiest thing to smoke.

I was going to suggest a wrapped turkey breast. They take the smoke flavor great (great ring) and are not very difficult. Just find the directions on line and remember to put a strip or two of bacon on top. You will be hooked once you smoke anything until your wife complains about wanting something that doesn't require the smoker.

I was going to suggest a wrapped turkey breast. They take the smoke flavor great (great ring) and are not very difficult. Just find the directions on line and remember to put a strip or two of bacon on top. You will be hooked once you smoke anything until your wife complains about wanting something that doesn't require the smoker.
Never tried a wrapped turkey breast, will have to try it. Seems to me the breast is so lean that an amateur may easily over cook it. On the other hand, butts or shoulders are very forgiving for the beginner.

Boston Butt FTW.
Do yourself a favor and buy a remote thermometer.
Make sure the probe wire is metal not melt able.
Keeps you from peeking.

Lookin ain't cookin!

image.jpeg

Never tried a wrapped turkey breast, will have to try it. Seems to me the breast is so lean that an amateur may easily over cook it. On the other hand, butts or shoulders are very forgiving for the beginner.

If you do poultry, make sure that you brine the meat. It makes all the difference in the world.

Back
Top Bottom