• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb questions of the week

Deer & Bear
  • Modern Rifles and Handguns: Centerfire only, .22-cal. or larger with expanding bullets. There is no restriction on magazine capacity for rifles.
  • Shotguns: 20-gauge or larger loaded with slugs or buckshot.
  • Muzzleloaders: .44-cal. or larger, or muzzleloading shotguns 20 gauge or larger. Scopes are legal.
  • Air Guns: Any air rifle of at least .30 caliber or air bow utilizing unignited compressed gas or air is legal during primitive weapons and firearms seasons.
http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/hunting-information/#

I`m not looking this up for anybody( do it yourself), but LAST year buckshot became legal on WMAs. I didn`t like it either, as I hunt swamp WMAs and some folks have drives, which in itself is illegal. Slinging balls down through level terrain is dangerous to other people.

I have killed a box car load of deer with buck shot running dogs. I always shoot 12ga 3in premium plated 00 buck shot either Winchester Supreme or Federal Premium. I use a Briley Improved Modified Choke. It was good to about 50 yards. Choked any tighter always scattered the pattern in my 870 or 11-87. Head or neck shots will crumple them on the spot. I still use this combo sometimes when doing drives or walking them up in thick pines. But I can't stress enough that you have to shoot your shotgun to know how/where it patterns. It is just like finding ammo your rifle likes.

Buckshot on WMA land was legalized the same year that suppressors were; 2017.
Each individual WMA will state if it is legal, in the regulations under each individual wma. If the WMA doesn’t state that it’s prohibited, then it’s legal to use.

Back
Top Bottom