• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Dumb form 4 processing time question from Individual to dealer

GMANINGA

Default rank <400 posts Supporter
Survivalist
25   0
Reaction score
Why does a Form 4 going from an individual to an SOT/dealer take so long? I would think it would be as quick as a Form 3 dealer to dealer. I am assuming there are no prints, no background investigation.. I would think its an automatic? I have an NFA item coming to Quiet Riot from a person in Arkansas. It has been pending since 8/18.... Once QRF gets it, it will be another 4-6 months.

B/c it gets stuck in the stack of all the other form 4s. The system is not designed to be effective or efficient. technically it should be a little faster as FBI doesn't have to do any checks but still gotta wait your turn.

Thats one of the negatives from buying something on a Form 4 vs Form 3. If it wasnt something like a MG or DD, I'd stick with Form 3 items.

Why does a Form 4 going from an individual to an SOT/dealer take so long? I would think it would be as quick as a Form 3 dealer to dealer. I am assuming there are no prints, no background investigation.. I would think its an automatic? I have an NFA item coming to Quiet Riot from a person in Arkansas. It has been pending since 8/18.... Once QRF gets it, it will be another 4-6 months.

Be sure to check back in here when it clears at QRF. I'm also curious to know how long it takes a Form 4 from non-SOT to SOT.

92 days ... still pending.. Form 4 from Individual in Missouri to dealer here in GA... ridiculous for something that frankly should be automatic.....

So it was finally approved.. the examiner had to send some info to the tech branch for a clarification/ classification. Regardless. It took over 4 months... UGH! Now once the stellar receives the form, he then ships to QRF... So maybe I will get the item before summer...

I recently bought a MG on a Form 4 from Florida. We're getting ready to be in the pending stage this week hopefully. Going to count how many days on transfer time.

Back
Top Bottom